Chapter 91: The Birth of a Star King

Excellent. Gabrielle gazed up at the stormy sky cheerfully. It was midday, the twelfth day of the Eleventh, and the sun was fully up, although he could not see its light, obscured by the oppressive clouds. 

The clouds will part for me when the time comes. He rubbed his free hand, generating as much heat as possible to fire himself up for his next task.

It'll be alright, you've been preparing them all for this, for months now, ever since you came back, just as Kakara came back. I can make them understand my wishes. I can seek reason by targeting their lines of faith when they have none. None, except—

"Hmph, well you certainly look happy." Kakara's cutting voice sliced through Gabrielle's thoughts as he turned to see Kakara looking at Milo with an amused expression beneath her scowling face.

Milo barked in response and wagged his tail excitedly with pointed up ears. Gabrielle smiled. Although he was a very quiet dog, Milo would always come alive whenever Gabrielle let him run and roam around for hours to exercise. Milo's favorite activity was pulling a snow sled, which he was currently doing, imploring Kakara to get on with excited pants.

Kakara did not smile, but it looked like she wanted to from Gabrielle's point of view, he didn't realize he was staring at her until she fixed her gaze on him.

He wore a snow-white and sun-gold angelic robe with long flowing sleeves that caressed the snow. He held a white crystal ball scepter in his right hand. The crystal ball radiated with swirling magical energy.

"..." Kakara couldn't think of anything to say except stare at him, like she was trying to understand the specimen before her in his celestial glow. It was like gazing at a stellar light, but she held her gaze steadily, while Gabrielle struggled to do the same with her.

"You look good. Mmm, very good," he complimented. "How does the aesthetic feel?"

Kakara finally looked away from him to inspect her clothing. She wore black fur armour underneath a hooded black fur coat with raven feathers around her neck. She shrugged, stomping down on the snow. She was barefoot.

Gabrielle wanted her to wear boots, but she argued that she needed to get her body accustomed to the weather at all times. The only compromise he could make was her current look in order for his plan to work with what he had in mind for her.

Kakara looked back at him, specifically his left arm. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Why does it look like something is there even though there isn't?"

Gabrielle looked shocked. "How could you tell?" He asked dubiously.

"I couldn't, you just do a shit job of not hiding whatever you're carrying," she said straightforwardly, prompting Gabrielle to sigh.

He muttered something and in a white flash, a white blanket could be seen over his left shoulder.

Kakara tilted her head. "A blanket of invisibility? How did you..." She stopped. "Mpho taught you how to craft transparency and invisibility into it like an illusion?"

Gabrielle nodded with a bright face. "You're quick to catch onto things."

Kakara blinked. This is huge. The fact that he's human and not a Racaan as well. Fils de pute, if only the others knew. Non, they must know. If Michelle appeared to me in my dreams, then she must have shown herself directly in theirs since they share the same blood, unlike with Gabrielle and I.

"The Gifted One has been my saving grace in the times I couldn't feel Gabriel at all. When I was lost in darkness and despair, her thunderous voice and electrifying energy reignited my faith in my angel, as well as in her. She showed me that the things I believe in are good and right, and that they must be done at all costs. Because no one else will. Which is why I absolutely have to be the first ruler of the Staris clan, just as you are the last survivor of the Ce Conquête clan," he said boldly.