~~ 45. ~~

*The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. - Elizabeth Foley*

Track: Falling by Harry Styles  (it actually goes more for the middle scene)

             Lola quickly jumped down from the island and Demilade tried to hold her to prevent her from stepping on the broken plates on the floor.

          She muttered thank you and takes her hand from his. And she quickly tried to adjust her cloth and that was when Deborah appeared at the door. She was holding a polythene bag containing something they couldn't see.

            Deborah looked surprised at the scene in front of her. She didn't expect to see her boss in the kitchen. She looked from him to Lola and down to the broken plates scattered on the floor. And then the first aid box laying carelessly on the kitchen island. She could feel something in the air. She can see that Lola seems a bit flushed and she was avoiding her eyes. And she doesn't know why. Then her eyes moved to her boss who have an impassive look on him.

"I'm sorry for..."

           Demilade cut her off sternly. "What is it?"

"Your mom is here." She answered.

            Demilade looked up at Lola and she did the same but quickly looked away. He said nothing and walked out leaving the two ladies.

"You should go. Mr Demilade's mom and grandmother are here. I will clean this." Deborah said to Lola when Demilade walked out of the kitchen and she moved closer to her.

               She wasn't sure what happened there but she knew something definitely happened. The way her boss snapped at her and the uncomfortable look on Lola was enough to prove that. And something else.

"Don't worry it's my mess," Lola replied. "I'll quickly clean it." She said with a tight smile. She quickly walked past her to where the cleaning utensils are kept. She took a broom and a packer.

          When she returned, Deborah said. "I didn't know you have cooked. Thank you so much! " She exclaimed, gratefully. She had overslept due to the medicine she took that morning. And when she woke up, she was shocked at the time. She was already preparing herself for the insult of her boss for not cooking on time.

            Her fear even accelerate when she saw his mom's jeep entering the compound. She knew she was in trouble. She started making a mental note of something reasonable and easy to make so that she could serve her boss's visitors and her boss when they had settled before the food will be ready.

         After helping the women with their bags, she excused herself and told them she will go and call her boss. She knew he was back because his phone, iPad, tie and blazer were on the sofa in the living room which was so unusual. He hates his things being scattered around. She wondered where he was. She quickly put them in order and she left it to go drop the bag of fruits Mrs Grace had handed to her in the kitchen.

          And she had come into the kitchen and there, her boss and his fake girlfriend were standing in front of each other with broken pieces of china plates on the floor surrounding them. At first, she thought something might have happened to Lola because she knows Demilade will never hurt anyone.

         But then again, the atmosphere in the room was tense. Lola was very uncomfortable and won't look her in the eyes. Her boss's shirt was looking a bit rowdy.

           But it wasn't her business to probe.

         When Lola decided to go bring the materials to clean up the mess that was when she noticed the pots that were set up on the other islands on the other side of the kitchen. She dropped the bag of fruits on the table and went over to the pots. They were all hot and filled. She had never been very grateful in her life. Lola just saves her from insults and her boss's angry remarks.