~~ 34. ~~

*If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.  -  Claudia Adrienne Grand*

Day 22 continues...

           Lola lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. She was trying so hard not to remember Demilade words. But her subconsciousness was doing no good. It keeps reminding her about it. And she couldn't help the tears that roll down her cheeks anytime the memories of the words came back. She closes her eyes and tries to stop the tears. But she was failing miserably.

🎶I gave all my oxygen to people that could breathe
Gave away my money n now we don't even speak.
I drove miles and miles would you do the same for me..... 🎶

          Ed Sheeran sang as her phone rings from only God-knows-where but she don't know who was calling her. She hopes it isn't any of her family. She try to find where the sound of the ringtone was coming from.

         And she finally finds it wrapped around the comforter on the bed. She brought out the phone and it was Demilade's mom calling.

"Hello, ma."

              She was surprised the woman could call her. She haven't called her since the day she left and she suddenly felt bad. She quickly answered the call after clearing her throat.

"Hello, ma. Good afternoon." She greeted the woman on the phone.

"Bawo ni oko mi? (How are you, my dear?)" She asked in Yoruba language.

"I'm fine ma. How are you too doing ma? E ma binu pe mo pe yin. (please don't be offended that I didn't call you)."

"It is okay. And I am fine. How is Demilade? Hope he is treating you well?" She asked concerned.

          She shrugged and sighed. "In his own way, yes ma."

"Alright then. Just be patient with him. Okay?"

"I will."

"My mother wants to speak with you." She told her. "Maami (my mom) here." She heard her say on the phone.

"Hello.."A more huskier voice said on the phone. It was feminine but older in tone.

"Good afternoon ma."

"Good afternoon to you too. You are Tiwalola right?"

"Yes, ma."

"How are you doing my dear?"

"Fine. Thank you ma. How are you too ma?" She asked politely.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Thanks for asking. My daughter told me a lot about you. I will love to meet you personally but right now, we have things going on. I'm pleased to hear you are my grandson's girlfriend. I know you may think that why are we so happy to see him with a woman. It is so hard to explain. But we are glad to see him have a woman in his life. In fact, our joy isn't complete until he finally has a wife. Demilade can be very very stubborn. He is my grandson but that is the truth, my dear. The reason he won't date is only known to him. But now that he finally does, it's the start of something." The older woman said on the phone.

"I just want to hear your voice and say this. You are his first in a long time. And he may seem hard but don't let it discourage you, he does it to everybody. He can be short-tempered, takes no nonsense and also gets irritated at little things. That is who he is and sometimes it is just an outer appearance so you won't see the real man inside. The real man is very lovable and adorable. I am sure you've seen that side of him."