~~ 17. ~~

*There is no shame in being afraid. Hell, we are all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you are afraid of. Because when you put a face on it, you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it.- One Tree Hill.*

Day 11

                Mrs Jolaoluwa arrived the next day as she told her son. She arrived an hour after her son left. And she was so excited to see Lola. Lola was expecting her visit and she looked forward to when she will come. She needed another company in the house aside from Deborah and Jubril with the security men.

"I'm so happy to see you, my dear." She said when Lola went to welcome her.

              Deborah helped her take her belongings inside the house after saying her greetings to her.

"Me too ma. I'm glad you could make it. How was the journey ma?" She said in Yoruba dialect. "Hope it wasn't stressful ma?"

"It wasn't. And the journey was okay my dear." She said gratefully.

"Thank God. Let's go inside ma." She said and she lead them into the mansion.

           Mrs Jolaoluwa seems to be a nice woman and she was like a motherly figure. She just wonders where Demilade got to take his arrogant attitude.

She had entertained her two bodyguards and her to breakfast. The two men were very jovial and they were nice too. She also noticed that Mrs Jolaoluwa take them like sons. They all sat in the living room talking for hours about the country, politics and celebrities. She was really glad to see other people other than Deborah to talk to.

The two bodyguards left later in the evening after eating dinner that Lola made. And they keep thanking her for it until they left.

Mrs Jolaoluwa and Lola sat to talk about her business. Lola had to lie to the woman at some point.

"Lola, I'm just a little curious. You know Demilade, he loves to keep things to himself especially personal matters. So how do you meet my son, Ade?" She asked.

Lola wasn't expecting the questions. And she doesn't know what to say. Not that Demilade hadn't told her what to say in case his mother asked. But she hates to lie to the woman further.

But she had to. Moreover, this girlfriend stuff is a lie. So it won't hurt just to add a little more lie. But she hates it. The woman was innocent and just want the best for her son and her.

"I mean Demilade." She said thinking Lola had no idea who she was calling Ade.

But she does. She heard her call him Ade several times when she first met her. "I know ma." Then she decided to tell her what comes to her mind. "Actually ma, my dad works for Demilade. We met at his company once but we didn't talk then. Just a few pleasantries. But the second time, I met him in the lobby and he introduced himself to me and that was how it all started." She half lied.

Her father doesn't work at Demilade company but he works for him as his driver. Not that she can tell his mother that. But they met through her father but not in the lobby of his company. She had not even stepped into the building before. She had only heard of it and seen it on TV a few times when she sat to watch the News with her dad.

"It's not so Cliché." She said with a smile. And Lola laugh. It was. But their real meeting wasn't so Cliché. "I'm so glad you are his girlfriend. I always thought my son is gay. Don't blame me. He won't talk about his relationship and I didn't hear him talking to a woman on phone. It is his best friend that usually assures me that my son isn't gay." She said and chuckled.