~~ 48. ~~

*That some achieve success is proof that others can achieve as well. - Abraham Lincoln*

"How is the place?" Daniel asked his sister curiously on the phone. His voice was full of excitement.

             He had been thinking about the Beach house that his sister will be going with her fake boyfriend and his family.

              He had always heard of a beach house but he had never been to one. So he was curious.

"It is wonderful. Magnificent. It's so good to have money. Everything about the house is beautiful, splendid. It's just like those beach houses in movies where you can see the sea from the house. It's a very nice spot. The place is quiet and serene. And there is a cool breeze blowing on the skin." Lola explained to her brother as she stood in front of the glass wall in her room, looking out at the sea.

           She had gotten to the beach house with the others almost three hours ago. The ride had been fun. Except for Demilade who excludes himself. He was busy reading a book with an ear pod in his ear. It's like every other thing or person does not exist.

           And what she met was more than her expectations. Bayo had shown her and his wife around the house and she can say it was splendid. Demilade and Bayo had accomplished something great with the beach house. Although he had said Demilade was the mastermind with the design and structure.

"Awww. That is awesome. That is what it means to be wealthy. You always get the best thing for yourself. A shout-out to your fake boyfriend sis."

"You are not serious. Not like you have seen the house."

"But he is a multimillionaire. What do you expect?" He asked rhetorically. "So is it like those wooden beach houses like Joshua's uncle's?"

"First, I have not seen Joshua's uncle's beach house, so I don't know,"  Lola stated.

"It is that one I showed you that he posted on Facebook last year's summer holiday." He explained a bit annoyed that his sister did not remember.

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot. You know I'm not like you who know all the different buildings and structures off hand." She apologized.

                  Her brother dreams of becoming an architect someday and because of it, he loves to keep a tag on beautiful architectural works and designs. Domes, arenas, houses, resorts.... everything seems to fascinate him if it has a good structural design.

"So to answer your question, no. It's is different." She replied remembering the pictures he showed her. "There are houses like that here. But Demilade and his friends are made of modern facilities. It's just a mini version of his house. The house is almost surrounded by a glass wall. You can see the sea, pool, and faraway trees from the room. It is quite exclusive."

"Goshwow!!!!" He exclaimed, marvelling. "I can already picture it in my head. Can we have a video call so I can see it?"

"Do you have data?" She asked.

"Geez. No. I don't." He said sadly.

"But I sent you a thousand naira for data."

"I checked some things on YouTube and I also use it for my assignment. And I also..." He didn't finish the sentence.

"you chat with your girlfriends." Lola helps him to complete the sentence. She could not see him but she know he made a puppy face. "You bought a social bundle with all the cards."

"Not all of it."

"Whatever. It just simply means you won't get to see the house."

"That's not fair sister Lola."