~~ 25. ~~

*When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I'm falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster. - Taylor Swift*

Day 19

She didn't look up as she walked quietly in the dark since she had already known the way into the house. But the light in the dining room turned on immediately she step on the mat that trigger the light and her heart almost leave her chest when she saw Demilade sitting at the head of the table focused on his laptop and a file in his hand.

She didn't expect to see him here. What is he doing in the dining room? Doesn't he have an office? But wait it's late already? Those were the thoughts running through her mind when she saw him with her hand placed on her chest.

"W... What? " The question seems to get stuck in her throat. She doesn't even know what to say. She was shocked. "You scared me."

He shrugged. "Didn't expect you to come down here? What are you doing here?"

"To say sorry isn't too hard you know?" Lola said ignoring his question.

He looked like he was thinking about it. He raised a brow.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said.

She suppressed a smile. He was never good at apologizing. But thank God he did.

"Okay. What are you still doing up late?" She asked as she moved closer.

"Work of course." He answered.

She funnily twisted her mouth.

"Don't you get tired?" She asked. "You were not back by ten thirty last night. I didn't even know when you returned. And it's past three and you are still here." She said gesturing to him and the table with the files spread on it.

"It's my work. I can't get tired of it." He said and he leaned back on the chair and rubbed his face with his palm.

"But you have everything. You've got thousands of people working for you. You deserve some moments to yourself."

"I do give myself... Moments. But this is my work, my sweat, my hard-earned legacy. Maintaining it and keeping it going for my sons and grandsons is my current dream. I have people working for me. Yes. But it's mine and no one can understand or do the job better than I." He explained.

She nodded." I understand you. So..... do you eat your food?"

"No, I didn't." He answered. But he quickly added. "I was already full when I get home. I spent some time with my friends at the club so I'm good. But I will take it tomorrow." He assured her.

"Alright." Lola nodded.

"But thanks, Lola. I am grateful that you could do that."

"Do what?" She asked even if she knew what he meant. She wanted him to say it.

He fixed his gaze on her. "For making my dish. Thanks." He said and he saw the small smile that spread on her face. She was trying to hide it but he saw it. Then his eyes moved down her body. And that was when he saw what she was wearing.

His heart skipped unusually. And he felt the blood move down to his groin.

She was wearing a black nightgown that has a tiny strap and a small material that barely cover her breast. Her cleavage was very visible and plump at the side. And the gown was extremely short that it was just covering her bottom. Her long smooth leg were been exposed.