Bonus Chapter 2

This part was originally added to The Billionaire Coterie but it's now a bonus Chapter here in 30 Days Deal and it had been removed from TBC.

*****

IBUKUN STOOD OUTSIDE in the backyard of the main house where the small garden and terrace were. She had a filled glass of wine in her hand.

She closed her eyes and sniffed the scent of the flowers in the air. Then she flickered her eyes open with a smile. She loved the feel of the outside air on her skin. It felt different from the artificial and stale one inside the ballroom filled with different people.

She had stepped out after settling the argument that had ensued between Lola and Karimat in one of the guest rooms. After Lola stormed out of the room, she decided to do the same because she couldn't stand the sight of her other friend - Karimat. She took a flute of champagne from a waiter passing by on her way out of the big house.

So there she was, standing on the pathway with flowers on each side, admiring them. She commended the beautiful work that was done with the small garden. There were different flowers planted in the small space and the colors were alluring to the eyes. She picked one of the blue lilies and brought it close to her nose to perceive its scent and she loved it. Then she tucked it to the side of her hair like she used to do when she was little.

In between admiring the beauty of the garden, a person caught her attention. He was sitting alone with a filled glass of champagne in his hand, also staring at the garden from afar. But he was sitting under the hut-like structure with the raffia roof and circular seat.

She hadn't realized that he left the hall. But then again, she didn't know him personally, so why would she notice if he had left the party? Although, he was the second man of the day. And it made her curious as to why he was out there and not inside where the party was been held.

Following her instinct, she walked up to him and then said immediately she took the seat beside him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, then adjusted her position on the seat. "You're the second man of the day. Don't you think you should be inside?" she asked, looking at him.

He tilted his head to the side to peer at her. He was surprised for a short second, but he covered it with a small smile.

"I wanted to be alone," he answered her honestly, rubbing the stem of the glass cup in his left hand.

"You're afraid of parties or are you scared because of the attention on you since you are also the highlight of the day?" she asked with a teasing voice.

A light chuckle escaped his lips and then replied. "As a personal assistant to an influential man, it is unavoidable. I'm used to it. So that's not the reason," he answered, smoothing the trouser of his senator with his free hand.

Ibukun watched him for a while in silence then she asked,

"If you don't mind, can I ask why? Aren't you happy about the news that your boss made today?" she asked curiously, taking a sip of her pale yellow wine in the cup she had been holding.

He chuckled softly. "Of course not, it is the best news I've had since three months ago."

There was a short pause before she asked again.

"Why? Do you want to share what happened three months ago? Did something happen then?" she asked again. "Oh sorry, I'm quite inquisitive," she apologized quickly when she realized she was being nosy. She was a very blunt person and always curious about little things. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."