~~ 3.~~

*You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices. Or you can fight back. Things aren't always going to be fair in the real world. That's just the way it is. But for the most part, you get what you give. The rest of your life is being shaped right now. With the dreams you chase, the choice you make, and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time. The rest of your life starts now. - ONE TREE HILL. *

Song: Butterfly kisses - Westlife.

Lola sat in front of her sewing machine sewing the dress that belongs to her friends. One of her circle of friends was having her wedding in a week. And she had decided to sew the dress they picked for the wedding for all of them. Although with payment of little amount.

While still on her sewing machine sewing, her younger brother walked in and sat on a bench in front of her.

"Hi, Sister Lola." He said.

"How are you? Where are you coming from?" She asked still matching her machine.

"I'm fine. I just went to play football with my friends on the field." He answered.

She looked up at her brother. "Have I not warned you to stop this naughty ball you are always playing? You need to stay with the twins at home."

"I'm not a nanny sis. Moreover, they are always with mummy Hadijah." He said pouting.

"You know how busy I am. I don't want them to be left alone without care."

"I know. But we are watching them." He said. He saw the look of worry on her face. And he tried to assure her. "Sis Lola, they will be fine. I will be fine."

She nodded with a sigh. She cut a thread from the piece of cloth she was sewing with her teeth.

"Sis Lola." Her brother called.

"Uhm." She sounded in response without looking at him.

"I met mommy precious on my way from school. She told me to tell you not to forget the money you owe her for those foodstuffs you took on credit."

Lola sighed. "I didn't forget. I promised her ending of the month when dad receives his salary." She said sadly.

"I don't like how we collect things from those women," Daniel complained.

"Do you think I like it too Dan? But we have to survive. Don't worry it will be well. Everything is going to turn out fine."

"And sis... Mom called me today." He said. Lola looked up from what she was doing and glared at her brother.

"Haven't I warned you not to answer her calls?"

"But sister Lola. She is still our mother. And she wants to help pay grandma's bill. She can help with all this." He pleaded.

"She can keep her money. We don't need it. We are fine without her money. "

"Really sis? Are you sure?" He asked.

"Don't question me Dan. You know I hate talking about this. Dad will get the money. She should keep her money." She said and she went back to her work, looking away from her brother.

"She can help us if only you and Dad will accept."

"You know she is only doing this just to be on our good side. It can't take away the fact that she hurt us and hurt our father." Lola said angrily. "No amount of money will take that pain away. I look at dad and I can still see the pain in his eyes."