~~ 55. ~~

* The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor even touched but just felt in the heart.
- Anne Sullivan*

This is a special dedication to all my beautiful readers.

Lola entered the room she share with Demilade. The room was empty but she didn't think much about where he would be. He could be in the library or the gym room. She had gone out to stroll and say hi to the neighbours a few feet away from their beach house. Helen had told her they were around but she couldn't go with her the previous day because she was reading. So she decided to check that day after she had taken a nap.

She slumped on the bed, laying on her back and she threw her phone which was playing Nwantiti by Ckay and Joeboy also beside her. Later, she stood up and took off the cardigan she had put on before she left the house. She stood up walking to the closet to change her clothes. She wanted to be free from the fitted trouser and polo she was wearing since she was inside the house. She picked up the shirt gown that she had worn in the morning and half of the day before she went for a walk. And she changed into them, folding the trouser and polo she had taken off afterwards.

She took her phone and stopped the music before dropping it back on the bed. She heaved a sigh and lay on her back staring at the ceiling when she heard a beeping sound signalling there is a new notification. She picked up her phone but there was no notification message and she becomes curious to know where the sound had come from.

She looked around and saw Demilade phone laying on the drawer at the side of the top edge of the bed beside the lampstand. She wondered what his phone was doing in the room when he was not in the room.

She stood up and went to the drawer. She picked up the phone and admired it. The phone was new. He just bought it. It was the same colour as Bayo's phone. Both iPhone 12. She was about to drop the phone back when something register in her brain. She tried his previous password. 2014. And it unlocked. The date must have actually meant something to him. She thought.

She went over to take a seat on one of the couches as she went to his gallery. There weren't many pictures on his phone like hers. But it wasn't a surprise, the guy can be so boring. He has a few of his mother and grandmother pictures. More of his grandmother's pictures, those she took when she went abroad. And a few of his mom's pictures. He has just one picture with his mom. Her face curled up to a smile as she stared at the picture. There were two of his photos both unaware but there were beautiful. The person took a nice shot and she pondered on who had taken the pictures. She liked the photos and she made a mental note to send them to her phone when she was done. The other photo collection was her pictures. She smiled as she scrolled through her pictures. There were those pictures she had taken with his phone. He didn't delete any of them.

Then she saw some unaware photos of herself that she didn't know when Demilade took them. But why did he still have her pictures and even new ones? She thought. She shrugged because Demilade is the only one who can answer that question.

She was still looking at her photos and she didn't hear the approaching feet until the door opened. And she knew she would be caught. She was only able to turn off the phone before Demilade walked into the room. She was not able to return the phone to its normal position because Demilade had entered unexpectedly. She had not heard him approaching. Quickly, she changed her sitting position and hid the phone behind her back before he noticed her.

"Oh! You are back." He said immediately he sight her.

Her lips stretched into a small smile. "Yes." She replied nodding.

"So, how is the Ajani's?" He asked stepping further into the room. He dropped the book in his hand on the only table in the room.

"They are nice people." She replied. And that made Demilade turn to look at her. Lola was giving him a sentence as a reply which is very very unusual because Lola is someone who can answer a one-line question with multiple answers. She will even give the details you don't need to hear.