~~ 92. ~~

*One day you look at your life and it has a purpose and someone that makes you feel very special and friends. And all the time and pain that it took to get there, it just doesn't matter anymore. - ONE TREE HILL*

Song For The Chapter: BUTTERFLY KISSES and BEAUTIFUL IN WHITE By WESTLIFE

Demilade sat with his grandmother and mother having dinner with them. Since they decided not to visit him, he decided to come over. He had come over from the office and had promised to stay the night with them since they'd also been pestering him about it. And he also have something to tell them which made it a perfect opportunity.

"Grams, Mom, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" His mother asked, curiosity laced in her voice.

"I'm inviting Lawrence to the wedding." He stated.

He watched his mother stare at him with wide eyes. She was completely shocked. His grandmother, however, was surprised for a split second before she narrowed her eyes at him.

"There must be a reason why you want to invite him."

"Should there be a reason?" He asked rhetorically. "I know you're secretly hoping I would."

"You already asked Bayo's father to be your father on that day." She stated the fact.

"And he still is. He was more of a father to me than Lawrence would ever be." He stated matter-of-factly.

"Then, why are you inviting him?"

"Why do I feel like you don't like it?"

"Because you won't do it without having a reason." Mrs. Jolaoluwa finally said. Her eyes were narrowed at him.

"Fine." He said dropping his cutlery. "Big dad is going to be my father on that day but that didn't stop Lawrence from coming to the wedding if he wants to. At least, I have to satisfy my conscience and give him that little respect by inviting him to the wedding even if he doesn't deserve it."

"But it might seem like an insult." His grandmother said.

He shrugged. "Not that I care. Moreover, it's an invitation. He can choose not to come. It is his choice to make."

"Whatever your decision is, I respect it. It is your wedding and honestly, I am more comfortable with it. I don't have to pretend that things are okay between us. I want to be myself on the day of my son's happiness." Mrs. Jolaoluwa spoke sincerely. It was the reason why she never suggested the idea of inviting Lawrence to the wedding to her son despite her mother talking to her about it. But she was finally relieved about her son's decision.

Demilade nodded, glad about the decision he made.

"But what about the media?" She asked, a bit worried.

"That's right. You know there was a certain reporter that was trying to find the connection you have with Lawrence. So, will his coming to the wedding not stir... questions?" Mrs. Grace asked, peering at her grandson. "His children might be there and you all have a kind of resemblance. Won't that create confusion and curiosity?"

Demilade shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. "It's my personal life Grams and it doesn't concern the public. And I am going to make sure it stays that way. Adam will handle the media. I'll get to approve whatever is going to be printed in the paper."

"Narcissistic much."

"I'm not being narcissistic. I am just trying to make you understand the kind of power I have."