~~ 91. ~~

*Truth is still absolute. Believe that. Even when the truth is hard and cold and more painful than you ever imagine. And even when the truth is more cruel than any lie. *

Demilade was having a phone conversation with his friend Charles about the legal issue concerning his company when his PA walked in. He raised a brow at him while he listened to what is been said to him on the phone.

"Mr. Demilade, I hate to disrupt your conversation but someone is here to see you," Dayo said to his boss.

Demilade looked at him and said to the person on the phone.

"Please hold on, Charles." He pleaded and he took the phone away from his ear. "What is it Dayo?"

"Sorry sir, but you have a visitor."

"Why do I feel like he is an important one? I hope the person is because I am quite busy now."

"He is. Mr. Gerald Thompson is here to see you."

"What?!" He exclaimed. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, he is in the lobby. Uche had gone down to bring him to the office."

"How come nobody tells me that he was coming?"

"I didn't get a notice either," Dayo replied. "I guess he wanted to surprise you."

Demilade exhaled loudly, then nodded before bringing his phone back to his ear.

"I'm sorry, Charles. I will have to call you back." He said to the person on the other end. "... Thank you. " And he hung up dropping his phone on his desk.

Dayo looked at the tab in his hand when it chimed and he said to Demilade.

"I think they are here." He told him.

Demilade stood up from his seat and at that moment, the door opened. Uche walked into the room in her usual confident stride and her clanking heels with Mr. Thompson and his two bodyguards following behind her.

He quickly went to meet the man halfway and he bowed slightly in greeting.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Thompson. It's a huge surprise to see you in the office." Demilade said to the man, respectfully.

The man's lips curled to a small smile and he stretched forth his hand to him.

"It's really nothing. I apologize for the impromptu visit." Demilade shook his head, waving it off. "It's nice to finally meet you in person. Your reputation precedes you, I must admit." The man said as Demilade took his hand bowing a little.

"I don't know what to say. Thank you, sir." He appreciated it with a smile. "Please over here sir." He directed the man toward the leather sofa in the middle of the office.

"Thank you." And he sat down on one of the sofas while his bodyguards stood at his back giving them a short distance.

Demilade followed suit while Dayo also stood behind his boss with his tablet in hand. Uche left the group and went back to her desk outside the office.

"What can I offer you, sir?"

"That's not necessary, Demilade right?" He nodded. "I'm not sure I got the pronunciation right."

"You did. Just the tonation that sounds different. But it is no problem."

"That's a relief then." The old man said chuckling.

Demilade rubbed his hands together a bit nervous. He had never received a visitor as popular and important as Mr. Thompson in his office, especially without preparing.