~~ 33. ~~

* At this moment, there are six billion plus people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some are heartbroken. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good. And some are good struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes - all you need is one. *

Day 22 continues...

          Demilade had finally returned to his work. It was the only thing that could make him take his mind off Lola and what he did.

           It's been barely two hours since Lola left when Uche's call came in through the intercom. He sighed and answered.

"You've got another visitor, sir."

"Is it..." He stopped himself. He had wanted to ask if it was Lola. But he would be a fool to think Lola will come back after what he did. She isn't so stupid.

"Who is it? I have a lot of work to do and I am not in the mood to entertain visitors. Tell the person to come back." He said angrily and end the call.

          He rubbed his temple frustrated. He stand up from his seat and decided to stretch his legs a little. He walked to the glass wall that reveals the busy road of Lagos and other buildings like his.

           He stands hands in his pocket staring out through the window. He did it sometimes just to clear his mind. A lot of things were going on in his mind. The contract, the project, the business trip, his feelings and also Lola. He still finds it amazing how she could appear in his thoughts. She seems to occupy more space in his thoughts than he could ever imagine. He never bargains for this.

        His intercom sounded.

 "Uche." He groaned. And he went back to his table and answered the caller. "What is it Uche?"

"Sir, the lady is persistent. She said she has to see you and you will want to see her."

         He closed his eyes and heaved a sigh.

"And who the hell is that?" He asked.

"A Miss Yimika Davies."

"Yimika Davies?" He asked. "Are you sure?"

"Yes sir." She nodded.

"Let her in." He said and he sat down on his seat and wait for his visitor to come in. And he wondered if it was the Yimika Davies he knew.

          A knock sounds on the door and Uche walked in, followed by a short lady. She gestured for the woman to walk in and she nodded at him before leaving him with the visitor.

                He sat astounded to see Yimika in his front.

                The same Yimika he loved.

                After nine years.

                Nine good years. And there she was standing in his front.

               He was sincerely perplexed to see her.

               She had not changed so much. She was still looking the same except that she looked older and more mature.