~~ 40. ~~

*When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I'm falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.  - Taylor Swift *

Track - Blinding Light by The Weeknd.

                 Demilade stood on the balcony of the hotel suite. He was looking down at the bright and busy city of Tokyo. He had been in the city for a few days and he couldn't stop getting amazed at how big, beautiful and busy the city was.

            But that night he was not admiring the beauty of the city. He was thinking about someone. His thought and mind had been with her since he left her. It was still surprising how she clouded his thoughts. Fortunately, Uche and the architects came with him, he might have probably fuck up the deal he had come to sign in Tokyo. But he didn't, thanks to them.

                   Although his work was done in Tokyo for the time being but he could not return home yet. He still has work to do in Dublin, Seoul and he needed to visit an old friend in the State. He had been making promises and that was the best time he had to do all he have to do before going back to his mother's land.

             But all this while, his thought had been with Lola. Many times he would pick up his phone and want to call her. But he had to stop himself whenever he thought about her. Somehow, he wished she was there with him. He hardly keeps himself every night. Even the hot bath does little to help him.

           Just as Uche had said he had been trying to tell himself that he didn't like her. For the past few years, he could not seem to forget Yimika. When Angela came into the picture. She was able to make him feel needed for a while and just like Bayo said, she was good in bed. She pleased him in every way and he didn't have to think of paying a woman so he could have a physical release. And she was the definition of classic. She moved with top people, she goes to top events. She always find a way to get what she wanted. And that was why he liked Angela. She even helped him in getting some great clients which still work with him to date. And that had made him begin to warm up to her and also began to forget about Yimika until she duped him and left.

                Getting betrayed once was enough but twice, it was terrible. He felt useless, unwanted and unloved. Although most times he saw women gawking at him. Some are even ready to get in his bed in a twink of an eye. But he knew they were all after his money or his beauty. Nothing more. And this never made him feel he could trust any woman.

               No one had ever met his expectations. No woman had ever made him feel like loving again. No woman had ever broken through his walls. Although many times he don't want to fall in love but he knew that was something he can't avoid for long. That was almost close to impossible. It's hard to tell the heart who to love and when to.

            And also he was afraid of commitment because when he ever does that, they always ended up breaking his heart. Women had taught him to be what he was. He did not find it hard to love and let people in but every time he does, it doesn't end well. His love was been taken for granted and that was why he built the walls around himself. And that had been that way for quite a long time.

            But things began to change when he began to know Lola. He would admit that she wasn't his favourite person when they met. He had just wanted to help Mr Bamidele. He didn't even dream of having anything with her.

             He had always dated ladies with a higher standard. Yimika was born into a middle-class family. She got anything she wanted. And she was given things she wanted by anyone. She doesn't slack and she tried to be on top. Back in school, all her friends were girls from rich homes. She never made close friends with anyone while she was in public school with him because she felt they were not her mate.