Three broken souls

Annabeth's pov

We have been walking for over an hour. No monsters have followed us yet which is strange. The whole time no one has been talking, we just been walking in silence down the damp, dark streets, toward the city lights of New York City. "Where are we going?" Piper asked braking the silence. " My moms place" percy mumbled, It was the first time since we left he talked. "Do you think she will take us in?" Piper asked. "Why wouldn't she?" I asked stepping under the only street lamp. Piper shuruged her shoulders and said "we know both camp hates you too, and the gods, what if they contacted Sally and told her to regect us". "My moms not like that" Percy concluded. After that we walked in silence, all the way to Percys old apartment.
***
"What are you waiting for knock" I said rushed. It was midnight and we were standing outside the door of Sallys apartment, Percy froze the second we got to the door. Percy took a breath and knocked. I heard shuffling inside and the door flung open to a happy Sally, but in a matter of second she scowled when she saw us. In a second she stepped forward and slapped percy, hard. A bright red mark was left. Percy looked taken aback, so were me and Piper. "How dare you come here and put our family in danger, especialy after what youve done," Sally shouted "I hearby disown you as a son, stay away from my family". With that she shut the door on his face. It took a lot of resistance to not juat go in their and give her a piece of my mind.
Percy turned around and wiped tears from his face. "Do you guys have a place to go?" He asked. "Maybe I can talk some family into housing us" Piper said. Percy noded and she walked down the stair well. Before Percy could start moving I brought him into a tight hug. " it will also work out" I told him, but I didnt know if I was telling him or myself. He nodded and we followed Piper out of the building. Into the streets, with no home, no money just us three.