Chapter Two: New Surroundings

" We meet again, angry bird. " the man says as he continues to push Alice's swing.
" What the hell do you think you're doing? " She shouts.
" Calm down. I saw that no one was pushing you, and looks like you don't know how to swing yourself. " He sarcastically answers.
" Shouldn't you be buying your 50 thousand dollar suit right now? ".
" I have someone else to do that for me. Besides, I don't need your money. ".
" Whatever. Just leave me alone. ".
The tall muscular man sits on the empty swing beside Alice's. He takes a look at the beauty of the brunette, and begins to study her facial expression, that she tried very hard to hide.
" Why are you so sad? Don't tell me that you regret not asking for my name. " He says, trying to change her mood.
Alice rolls her eyes, replying " it's none of your business, Mr. Arrogant. ".
He smirks at her comment, seeing how hard she is trying to keep her tears in.
" So, what's your name? " he asks.
Alice ignored his question as she stared into blank space, thinking of a way to tell him that she is not interested.
" Hello.. earth to angry bird? " He said as he snapped his fingers in front of her face.
She crossed her arms and slowly turned her head, making eye contact, saying " I'm sorry, can you say that again? I was very distracted thinking about how jealous I am, of.... All the people that have never met you." she gave him a sassy grin.
He raised one eyebrow, saying " What the hell?".
" What do you want? " She yelled angrily.
" I'm just asking for your name. " he sarcastically answers as he pulls her swing closer to him, leaving inches between them.
" My name is written on the check I gave you. You can ask the paper. ".
" Who the hell pissed in your cereal this morning? ".
" You know what, " Alice said as she stood up to leave, " I was very angry at my father, because he's making us move to Stillmire, but now... I'm relieved that I don't have to run into you anymore." She added as she walked away to get to the car.
" See you later, angry bird. " he shouted after her.

Alice rolled her eyes as she didn't even bother to look back.

" Who was that?" Ronald asked.
" Some dude I ran into a few hours ago. ".
" Did he bother you? " He said as his eyes were narrowed at the man .
" Don't worry dad, he was just trying to be friendly... I guess. ".
" If you say so. " Ronald sighed, as he turned the car on and drove off.

The sun sets and Alice didn't leave her room at all, as she was busy packing her bags. Upset over the fact, that she won't be able to be free from John's wrath.
" Go to sleep, please. " said Alex as he walked into her room.
" I was just about to. " she sighed.
" Sleep well, and don't forget what I always say... everything happens for a reason. ".

Alice laid in her bed, pulling the cover over her face, thinking about her brothers words. ' Everything happens for a reason. ' she thought to herself as she dozed off to sleep.

Two months passed in a blink of an eye, and Alice kept herself locked in her new room the entire summer. Depressed over her life that is going to waste. Alex tried many times to have her go out with him, since now her father let's her out. But of course, with a body guard by her side at all times. But she always declined his offer and stayed in bed.

Autumn kicked in pretty quickly. For the first time since she got to Stillmire, Alice finally leaves the house to start college. As she waited for Ronald to get the car, she saw a couple of students her age walking in a group together, laughing and dancing around on the streets.
As she watched them, her eye instantly focused on one of the guys in the group. As he was the only one walking calmly. 
She lowered her gaze, realizing that he caught her staring. She began to fluster, feeling embarrassed that they made eye contact.
She stole one more look before turning around to check what took Ronald so long to pick her up, and she found him looking at her as if he couldn't help it.

She quickly turned around as the blood rushed up to her face, ' am i blushing?' she asked herself.
As Alex was leaving, he found his sister rushing back inside.
" Where are you going? " He asked.
" Where's Ronald? He's late. ".
Alex lowered his head, knowing that Alice wasn't informed by John that Ronald isn't going to be her driver anymore.
" Alice... Ron stayed in New York. ".
" What? Why? How? " Alice panicked as tears began to form up in her eyes.
" I'm sorry. I thought you knew. " He replied in a sorrowful tone.
" But why? ".
" Dad thought it'd be better for him to stay there since he is one of his trusted men. ".
Alex saw how hurt his sister was after breaking the bad news to her, and pulled her into his arms. " Remember, everything happens for a reason. Now let's go sis, you don't want to be late on your first day.".