Chapter Six: The Dark Truth

The next morning.
" What am I going to wear to class? " Alice asked while rubbing her eyes.
' Cough - cough' " we're sick.." ' cough ' " we can't attend our classes today." Mai said.
" What? You want us to skip college?" Alice panicked.
" Duh. Now is not the time for you to go to class. It's useless anyways. I have something better planned .".
" Come on Mai. I have a reputation, I have a...", " Shhhhh..." Mai lays her finger against Alice's lips.
" Be ready in five. I'll be waiting outside." Said Mai, as she threw a pair of gym clothes at Alice.
Alice began to mope around, not liking the idea of skipping the day. " Stop whining!" Mai said from the other room, " you'll see your boyfriend later. " she continued.
" Shut up! " Alice giggled.

Alice runs out and waits for Mai, who was grabbing some coconut water from the fridge.
" Why are you standing in the sun?" Mai asked from the kitchen window.
" If you'd be kind enough to open the car for me, I wouldn't be burning over here! ".
" Where do you think you're even going? " Mai said sarcastically.
" To the gym?! " Alice sassed back crossing her arms.
" What do you mean? The gym is downstairs! " .
" WHAT? You have your own personal gym in the mansion? " .
" Of course. We even have a shooting range here. ".
Alice ran inside and began to jump up and down, as she grabbed Mai's arm, spilling her coconut water.
" Teach me how to shoot! Teach me how to shoot! ".
" Calm down. I'll teach you once you show me that you're worthy of holding a gun. Now let's go. ".

As Mai and Alice walked down to the gym, Mai turns to Alice and asks her " by the way, how are you holding up? ".
Alice excitedly responds, " I'm okay I swear. That medicine you gave me is magical.".
" Okay good! " Mai said as she opened the gym doors.
" Now show me what you got. ".
Alice freezes. " You want me to attack you?" She asked.
" Yeah. Just imagine that I'm Joh..." Before being able to continue her words, Alice threw in a punch to her friends face, Mai barely dodged the unexpected punch. " Damn girl, you almost got me! " Mai giggled.
" Not as bad as you thou- " Mai hit her with a low kick swiping Alice off of her feet. " But it can be better. " Mai teased. " We need to warm you up first. "
They continued to do some hard exercises, Alice wasn't used to.

An hour passed.

Alice was out of breath, " I need...a break... " , " We're just getting started !! C'mon, I'll show you some cool moves. " Mai determinedly says.
After a few moments into training, Mai noticed all of her friends weak spots and began to coach her on that.

The afternoon came by pretty quickly, and the two girls were exhausted.
While washing up, Mai had a great idea and blurted it out loud.
" I'm starving, and I know just the perfect place. Put on something nice. ".
" But I have nothing to wear. " Alice replied.
" Just go through my closet. I'm sure you'll find something you'd like. ".
" But... But-".
" But what? " Mai jokingly screams.
" But you have the style of a demon. " Alice whined.
" It won't hurt you to look sexy for one night. " Mai laughed.

As Alice was going through Mai's all tight, dark, revealing dresses, she came through a pretty red silk dress.
" Why is this the only colorful dress in here? " Alice asked.
" That was for an enemy's funeral. " Mai replied.
" Heh. Your way of jokes, sometimes have me believing what you say.".
" What jokes? " She teased as she got ready.
" You act like you're a criminal, and I am pretty sure if you see a gun you'll faint. " Alice laughed.
" Sure... Let's remember your words. ".

Meanwhile....

" You better find her. Or else all of you will die!" John yelled.
" Father. I looked all over the city. She didn't go to college, She isn't in the sorority, And I couldn't find any traces of her on street cameras. I think the ground just opened up, and swallowed her ." Isaac said.
" Find her, and bring her back. Or else, you shouldn't come back either. " John dismissed his son.
" Boss! " One of the men said, knocking on the door.
" What now? " He said.
" I got some bad news. ".
" Spit it out, you imbecile! " John shouted.
" Our enemy is here, in the city. And, we think he is here to get Alice." Adam said.
John clenched his jaw saying , " then let's make sure we find her before he does. ".