Chapter Twenty-Nine: New Chapters

Three weeks pass, and Ryder was still struggling to make John speak. All he could get out of him was that, the man in the picture was killed after a failed mission. Ryder grew more and more frustrated. He knew that with each day John was alive, it was a threat to his mafia.

Of course, Ryder made sure to change John's location every two to three days, and his last week will be spent in the headquarters.

Alice on the other hand, got more and more closer with Ryder, trying to avoid Jake as much as possible. Jake's relationship with his wife hit rock bottom, but she had no where to go. So she decided to stay with him until she figures out where to go next.

Kaden spent most of his time trying to get Mai out of her room. She went into depression, but her friend tried so hard to stay by her side.

" Get dressed. " Kaden said as he barges into Mai's room.

" Why? " She replies.

" We're going out, whether you like it or not. " He pulls the sheets off of her.

Mai's POV

____________

After Kaden forced me to leave my room, he took me out to the cemetery and waited for me in the car. He said " You need closure, Mai. ".

What I really need is for him to get off my back. He hasn't left my side ever since the day Isaac died. He was there, looking over me while I sleep through the day and cry through the night. He's been trying so hard to make me feel better. Like bringing me ice-cream pancakes for breakfast and sushi for lunch and dinner. I barely ate through the weeks that passed. But at least Maki, the kitten me and Isaac got was having fun.

I sat next to the grave, but I couldn't cry anymore. As hard as it pains me to admit it, but Kaden is right... I have to move on.

" When I first met you, I honestly didn't know that you will become this important to me. In my eyes, you were nothing but the ' hot enemy '. From enemies to lovers... to us being apart forever.

You know... I blame myself. If I didn't take you with me on that mission... you... you would still be here. With me, alive. Kaden said that it isn't my fault, but deep down we all know it is. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry it had to end this way.

The pain of your loss consumed my whole body. I have to move on though, if I like it or not. But the gap in my heart will never close. No one will ever replace you, I promise. But I have to listen to Kaden and stop moping around. For my health. You did tell me once, that I look better when I'm smiling. So that's what I'll be doing from now on. I'm not being selfish, I promise. But something unexpected happened.

I'll tell you about it next time though, Kaden is waiting for me. I'll see you soon, I love you. ".

I finally let my grief out. But I will not let Isaac go... My Isaac.

Kaden took me home to change my clothes. He waited for me in the living room because he was taking me somewhere. I have to stop being selfish, and move on. For the sake of everyone around me. I know this is what Isaac would have wanted....

End POV

__________

After Mai finally got dressed, she went down to meet Kaden near the entrance.

" Where are we going? " Mai smiles at Kaden.

" Is that a smile I see?" Kaden smirks.

" Shut up. Answer my question! " Mai hits Kaden on the shoulder.

" Follow me. " Kaden says as he walks out the door.

As she followed him towards the backyard, she couldn't help but feel a sense of hope building up inside her. She began to wonder what Kaden was hiding, which made him feel so excited.