Chapter Sixteen: The Countdown

" Because... There's a bomb up there." Alice says to her friend.

" What the fuck do you mean a bomb? What makes you so sure?" Mai asks.

" Because, I can hear it ticking.... " Alice anxiously says.

" Ryder, anyone near the building or in it, get away this instance. There's a bomb. I repeat. There's a bomb." Mai said through the earpiece.

" Izzz about time you admitted that I'm a bomb " Kaden says as he laughs.

" Kaden shut up and leave the building if you're in it." Mai says.

" Kaden, is Alice still by your side?" Ryder asks.

" No. I lost her." Kaden answers.

" She's with me. Don't worry." Mai says.

" What's your location? " Ryder asks.

" On the fifth. We're on our way down." Mai says.

" Where's the bomb? " Ryder asks.

" Above our heads. Depending on Alice's hearing skills." Mai says.

" I'm coming up." Ryder says.

" No. Don't worry. We're descending as we're talking." Mai said.

" Come on Alice, let's move." Mai says as she grabbed Alice's arm to leave the building.

Alice got dragged by her friend and they begin to run down the big stairs.

...BOOM...

A small bomb went off in a room below them, throwing the two girls back, filling the building with dust and fire. Making it very hard for the girls to breathe.

'Cough','cough'..." Are you okay?" Mai asked Alice.

" Yes." 'cough' Alice answered with a struggling voice.

" WHAT HAPPENED? ARE YOU TWO OKAY?" Ryder screams through Mai's earpiece.

" Something went off below us. We're alright don't worry." Mai assures.

" Stop playing around and leave the building at once." He orders.

" Mai..." Alice said in low tone.

" What?"...

Alice pointed at the staircase below them. Showing Mai that there isn't a way out of the building anymore.

" We can jump floors." Mai says.

" No we can't. If we do, the building will collapse above our heads. And besides, the fire is spreading really fast down there. " Alice says.

" What's wrong? Why can't I see you yet?" Ryder asks.

" Uhm Don't worry. Everything's under control." Mai answers.

" What's taking them so long?" Ryder says as he paces back and forth.

" It's a huge building boss. It's gonna take a while for them to exit. " Brandon says.

" Did you make sure all of our men are here? Far away from the building?" Ryder asks.

" Yes boss. Don't worry. " Brandon assures Ryder.

" THE BUILDING'S ON FIRE! " Isaac screams as he ran towards it.

" I'm going in!" Ryder freaks out.

" No... Ryder you're staying here. Mai isn't a baby anymore. Believe in her. She'll take care of herself and Alice." Brandon says.

" They're taking too long to get out of the building. They will burn!" Ryder yells.

" And you won't make it any better if you too, go in there. You have two of the best trained assassin's in there. Stop underestimating them.".