Chapter Twenty-Five: The Desperate Search

" We need to do something about John. We are literally gonna go in war with other mobs because of him being here." Ryder says as he paces back and forth.

" Kill him... Easy as that. " Luke said.

" We can't kill him just yet. He's hiding some information we need him to spill. It's important." Brandon added.

" What is it?" Kaden asked.

" Remember the day in the warehouse, when we thought Alice died?!" Ryder began to explain. " She found this locket, and it has something that connects one of our associates with his gang. " he added as he held up the locket.

" Do you know who it is?" Luke asked.

Ryder threw the locket to Luke so he could get a better look at it. Once he saw the photographs, he gasped loudly. " Isn't that Maria and-", " Yes. It is." Brandon cut Luke off.

" Let me take a look." Kaden said as he took the locket from his friend. " Why is it that I am now finding this out?" Kaden freaked.

" Because if you knew about it before, you wouldn't have been able to keep your mouth shut." Ryder answered.

" I'm a good secret keeper and you know that, BRO." Kaden pouted.

" Do you want me to remind you of when we were trying to throw a surprise party for Mai and you asked her what she's gonna wear for her surprise party?" Luke mocked.

" That's something else." Kaden defended himself.

" Let's just focus on how we should make him talk." Ryder said.

" Did you get in touch with Mai? " Luke asked.

" Yeah she texted me last week. She said that Isaac was able to manipulate The Dragons Head into turning his back on John. " Ryder answered.

" I still can't believe you sent her all alone on a mission to face the most feared gangster in Japan... What were you thinking? " Kaden worried.

" I wouldn't appoint her with something I know she wouldn't be capable of. I trust her." he answered.

" I'm telling her that you're doubting her abilities. " Luke laughed.

" Oh no, please don't. I can't even begin to imagine what she'll do to me." Kaden whined.

The men's conversation was cut off by Alice, who opened the door and walked in nervously. " I'm sorry to cut you guys off, but... aren't Mai and Isaac supposed to be here by now?" she questioned.

Ryder takes a look at his watch saying, " They should arrive any minute now. ".

" I tried calling them, but both of their lines are out of service. I'm worried.".

" Come here, little mouse. " Ryder said as he held his arms out to comfort Alice, " Why are you so worried? " he asked.

" I don't know... I just feel... anxious." her voice shivered.

" You've never seen Mai in action. She even scares me sometimes when she's on the job." Ryder tried softening her mood.

Suddenly, Ryder's phone rang, and when he took a look at it, his jet's pilot's name appeared before him and it shattered his calm facade. Panic swelled in his chest as he listened to the news that Mai and Isaac had failed to board the plane. His heart pounded against his ribcage, urging him to take action.

"Kaden! Brandon!" Ryder barked, his voice laced with worry. "We need your contacts in Kyoto. Find anyone who might have seen Mai and Isaac!".

Kaden and Brandon exchanged quick glances, understanding the urgency in their leader's voice. They nodded once and rushed off, determined to track down any information on their missing comrades.