Chapter Twenty-Four: I Must Be Dreaming...

Mai's POV

-------------

After I dropped Alice off that night in the restaurant, I got a call from Ryder that one of The Luchesse's alliances were threatening to attack our base in Japan. I had to leave instantly, but i managed to postpone my mission by a day, because obviously... i needed Alice to spill the tea of that night's events.

Ofcourse I asked to take Isaac with me, even though i'm a free bird. I work alone. But I wanted him to tag along so I won't come back home and find him dead.

After I was able to locate Kenzo Bushida, the head of the Yakuza's mob, I sat down with him and had a talk. But he didn't want to be cooperative. I had no other choice but to kill him. But for my luck, I had Isaac by my side, and he was able to manipulate him.

" I don't understand why you want to protect my father so badly, after he informed me that he wants to kill you and take over your mafia." Isaac said to him. I sat back quietly. I understood what he was trying to do.

" What do you mean Jon no musuko ? " Kenzo asked.

" What I mean is, that he is going to backstab you when he has the chance to. So, let Santos deal with him. Forget about John's useless promises. " Isaac smirked at him as he continued to go deeper and deeper into his manipulation.

As I was lost in Isaac's words, I snapped back into reality, and realized Kenzo's men surrounding us. I grab Isaac's arm as I slid the other under my skirt, holding onto my side gun the was hidden underneath. I began to feel a little uneasy.

" Isaac... " I whispered to him from underneath my breath.

" Don't worry.." he whispered back as he continued his conversation.

Kenzo at first looked troubled. But after five minutes of silence he stood up telling me, to say hi to my big brother, and to tell him that the dragon's head will visit him soon for a little chat. Hearing those words, i let out a soft sigh of relief as we were formally dismissed.

To be honest, Isaac was a fast thinker, and a good manipulator. Hot as fuck.

We still had one week in Japan before we had to return home, and I wanted to take advantage of the little time we still had there. Isaac took care of me in a way no one has ever before. He always woke up before me and surprised me with his homemade breakfast. During the day, he would take me to visit places that were heaven on earth.

What a criminal, not only did he steal Alice from me at that time, but also my heart.

At night, we would bake together and play around. We made pancakes one night and... I think that's when I fell in love with him. He started throwing flour at me and putting batter on my nose. It reminded me of the good memories I shared with my mother when I was little. He became my safety place after that night.

The day before coming back home, he took me to The Philosopher's Path in Kyoto. The path is lined with cherry blossom trees, it's a picturesque stroll along a serene canal. The delicate pink petals create a magical atmosphere, making it the perfect spot for Hanami. I embraced the tranquility and was at awe by the beauty of nature.

Suddenly, he stopped in the middle of the road, holding my hands saying, " I've never felt like this towards anyone.".

Felt like what?

" I love you, Mai Santos. " He said.

After hearing those words, it felt like my heart stopped, and my blood rising to my head.

He held my chin in his warm hand, looked into my eyes, and closed up the gap between our faces. Leaving only an inch apart. " Marry me..." he whispered.