Chapter One/Season Two: Shadows of Despair

Hiii! I'm truly sorry for taking so long to post again, I had something called " An Authors Pause " and got caught up with life stuff. I promise yall I'll make sure to in an effort to write at least for two hours everyday. I will put in a recap on what happened in the last couple of chapters. The recap will be in bold letters just in case you wanna skip them. Thank you for reading my story and please share your thoughts and theories in the comments. I appreciate your support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks after the explosion, at the hospital.

Brandon grasps Ryder's shoulders, shaking him gently but firmly, " You think Alice would want to see you like this? She loves you, Ryder. She would want you to fight through these desperate times. She's not a quitter, and I don't think she'd want you to be one. The mafia needs it's leader, and Alice needs you to be strong, not broken.".

Ryder's eyes welled with tears as Brandon's words grazed through the room. He knew that Brandon is right, he has other responsibilities weighing on his shoulders. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he nods his head, understanding the gravity of his absence.

" Call in Mai and Jake. Someone has to stay here by her side. " Ryder says, his voice steadier than before. " And make sure the hospital is heavily guarded. No one and nothing will harm her. ".

A flicker of relief washed Brandon's chest, " They both are already here, standing outside. ".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Why did John call you Nicholas? Why did he say you work for him? " Mai's soft voice turned into an angry one.

" Everything he said was true. He manipulated me into thinking that Ryder kidnapped her. After training me, he told me that I had to start my mission on taking her back... But Alice explained everything to me, and since then... I didn't want anything to do with him. ".

" Is that so? ".

" I promise, Mai. I would never do anything to hurt her. " Jake began to defend himself.

" What about Mary? I thought you love Alice?! ".

" I only agreed to marry her because John said I needed back up with me. He said that you guys can't be trusted. ".

" Mary works for John? " Mai's eyes grew with shock. " Why didn't you tell us about this? ".

" Mary said that she was waiting for the right time to leave The Luchesse's. Her pregnancy is what made her decide to leave John's world behind. ".

Mai began to pace in the room. " You do know what this means, right? ".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Bring. Me. Mary. " Ryder's voice dripped with venom.

Kaden, Brandon and Luke all look at eachother, afraid to break the bad news to Ryder.

" What are you guys looking at eachother for? Go bring her to me! ".

" Ryder... Boss. We have bad news...- " Kaden's voice shivered.

Ryder looks at Kaden, his eye's piercing into his soul, waiting for him to speak.

Kaden took a deep breath, " Mary disappeared ever since that night. We never thought about her disappearance. We just thought she was in a fight with Jake. ".