Chapter Twenty-One: Broken Pieces

Alice's POV

___________

When I woke up, my head felt as heavy as a mountain. I can't remember much of yesterday, the last thing i remember was me begging Ryder to stay with me. Wait!!! I begged him to stay. I opened my eyes to find him laying next to me, smiling.

" What happened?" I asked.

He said that we had sex??? I can't believe i did this. What is wrong with my drunk self? I gave my body to the wrong person. Not that I'm complaining, have you seen that man? But it's still wrong, i wanted my first to be Jake. The love of my life.

As he handed over the pills for my head, he told me that he was playing with me. I felt happy to hear that. But, I still gotta go have dinner with him as I promised. While I was picking the outfit I'd wear, someone knocked on the door.

When i opened it, Mai was standing behind it, lord knows what she's got on her mind.

" What's up?" I asked as she walked in.

" Why is your closet on the ground?" She asked.

" I'm going out to dinner, with Ryder!".

Mai jumped up and down when she heard that. " Let's go shopping bitch!" she said as she pulled my arm and dragged me to the mall.

I tried to tell her it wasn't a date, but she didn't care. She took me to a hair salon and made them give me the best treatment they had. They were afraid of her, so they obeyed. A thousand dresses later, she finally picked one. It was a long red sparkly dress that was slit on both sides to the hip. I haven't felt this beautiful since .. well ... Ever. My hair was in a messy up do that still looked put together with a couple of strands grazing my face. I went for a natural makeup look, I didn't wanna over do it.

She had a very unique taste in clothing.

When we got into her car she called Ryder to tell him that she was dropping me off at the restaurant.

Once we were there, she told me to behave myself and left.

He wanted to have dinner at the same restaurant i killed a man for the first time. I wonder why.

When i entered, my eyes met with the person i never expected to see here. My legs couldn't hold me anymore. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

" What are you doing here?" I asked.

" Same goes to you. " Jake said as he pushed Alice off.

" What's wrong?" I asked.

" You're married. What's wrong with you?" He said in a harsh tone.

" I will explain what happened." i said as i felt water fill up my eyes.

" I don't want an explanation. Now let me get back to work. " he said as he walked away.

I sat down on one of the tables in tears, my heart almost breaking out of my chest. He was right to be angry with me, but at least let me explain myself. But i still can't blame him, so it's okay.

End POV

__________

As Alice was crying quietly on the table, she feels someones hand touching her from behind. She turns to see Ryder kneeling down next to her. With concern, he holds her hands asking " Why are you crying little one ?" .

" It's nothing." she says as she wipes her tears.

Ryder gently pulls her off the chair and walks in with her to the VIP section. Once they sat down, Alice tried to hide her broken heart with a raw smile.