Chapter Three: A Blossoming Connection

Alice had always been a firm believer in fate, and meeting Jake seemed like another illustration of the universe's perfect timing.

As days turned into weeks, Alice and Jake began to spend more time together, mostly through their windows. Their conversations ranged, from silly tales to deep discussions about life's difficulties. With each passing day, they discovered new parts of their personalities, effortlessly unraveling the layers of their souls.

One sunny afternoon, they left college early, so they took the opportunity to go on a walk to a nearby botanical garden. The wonderful fragrance of flowers and the vibrant colors surrounding them, marked the beginning of a magical day. Alice's eyes sparkled with wonder, while Jake admired the genuine joy that is shining from her. It was at that very moment where something began to stir in both of their hearts, a feeling they couldn't put into words.

Wandering through the garden's maze of beauty, they found a hidden bench that was covered with curtains of a blooming wisteria tree. Alice sat on the side of the bench, as she patted the empty space beside her, telling Jake to sit next to her. Sitting side by side, they exchanged stories, dreams and aspirations.

" What's your favorite kind of flower? " he asked.

" hmmm.... let's see. " she took a moment to think, " The Night Sky Petunia. It's deep and rich color covered in white little speckles, reminds me of the galaxy. What about yours? " she said as she continued to admire the scenery in front of her eyes.

" Sounds magical... I think I would go with the sunflower. They symbolize unwavering faith and constant orientation towards the light. " he says as he locks his eyes on her.

Alice felt his gaze setting on her, when he uttered those words. Her stomach filled with butterflies, as she was too nervous to look at him.

" Wow...! You and I represent The Yin-Yang. " She muttered as she tried to break the tension.

" You know Alice, I've been thinking about something..." he said in a low teasing tone.

" Oh, What is it Jake? " she blushed.

With sweaty palms and a nervous smile, Jake reached out and gently grasped Alice's hand, subtly intertwining their fingers. There was a slight pause, their eyes locked in an electrifying connection.

" How about... we create a moment we'll never forget? " He says in a soft yet sincere tone.

" What kind of moment? " she asked nervously.

Jake could feel his heart racing as he leaned in, his lips trembling with nervous anticipation. Time seemed to slow down as he closed the gap between himself and Alice. As their lips met, it felt like a spark ignited within both of them, sending waves of electric excitement through their bodies.

" Aren't you supposed to be home by now? " the couple's kiss was cut short.

Alice looked back as blood rushed to her head, with embarrassment.

" Mai!! What are you doing here?! " Jake said with irritation.

" I could ask you two the same question!!! " Mai said, squeezing herself in between them, to sit down.

Alice looked at her phone to check the time, " Oh would you look at that... I gotta go. ".

" I'll walk you home.." Jake said as he tried to rush after Alice, but Mai grabbed his arm and sat him back down.

" We need to talk. " Mai demanded.

" What is it? " Jake asked feeling annoyed.

" I need to ask you a very important question. Which my life depends on. ".