Chapter Eleven : Reviving The Past

The whole world seemed unnaturally dark in his eyes, as if it had been drained of all light before a terrible storm broke. He looked up, to see a dark cloud that wasn't there moments before.

Above the ridge, dark clouds were gathering, creating long shadows down the mountainside.

The storm was a breathtaking spectacle, but powerful, dangerous and menacing.

Thunder boomed through the city, shaking it to it's core, and streaking through the streets like an exploding firework.

The 12 year old boy stepped away from the big window, and ran down to check on his father, who was with his friend, packing their bags.

" What's going on? Are you guys going on another business trip? " the eager boy asked.

" Come here son, we didn't see you standing there." his father said in a calm tone.

The young man walked over to his father and sat beside him.

" Listen son, no matter what happens... I want you to promise me you'll do as I say. No questions asked." he said, making the boy's body tingle with a bad feeling.

" What's going on father?" he asked.

" Promise me that you will listen to me. And you know that promise's should never be broken.".

The young man promised his father he'll do anything his father asks him to do, but kept insisting on him to tell him, what was going on.

His father's friend got closer to the boy, and began to play with his hair saying " you were always like a son to me. If something ever happens to your father and I, I want you to take all of our businesses. Everything, in your name. ".

" Why are you saying that? Where are you guys going? Why are you packing ?" he asked.

Their conversation was cut off by a woman walking into the room holding a little baby.

" What are you boys up to? " she asked.

" Work related, honey." her husband answered.

" Oh goodness. Do you two ever stop working? And how many times have I told you guys not to talk about work in front of the little boys? ".

" He already understands everything that we do honey! We've trained him well. Besides, one day he will take our places, and become a very good leader.".

" Don't say that. He's still too young. " she whined.

" Boss is right. You know how our job is . My son has learnt everything, and now he has to know that when he grows up, he has to protect his family. " his father said.

" Come here son. Promise me whatever happens, you would protect your brothers... And this little mouse. " the boss said, as he walked over to his baby daughter tickling her.

" I promise uncle. Me and my brothers will take good care of her. " The boy cheered.

" Where are you guys going off to ?" The woman asked with worry.

" They broke the truce. " Her husband replied.
" What? Can they even do that? " she freaked out.
" Go find your brothers son. Tell them that we're leaving ASAP. " the boss said.
The young man ran out of the room to call for his brothers quickly, so he can catch up on the adults conversation.

Suddenly, gunshots were heard from outside the house. The two friends grab their weapons and tell the woman to hide with the kids.

But it was too late, as soon as she went through the door the lady fell to the ground, as a bullet went through her heart and another through her skull.
She fell instantly to the ground with the baby dropping out of her arms.