|6|

A/N: Idk why but Caught Up by Duava reminds me of this story. The song itself makes me cry, it ain't sad, but it's sweet. "Same thing every day I don't want to die like this", man that hits close to home if I'm being honest-

[ S a k u s a ]

Sitting in the waiting room of the ER, I stare at the blank screen on my phone. Atsumu passed out and hasn't woken up. We didn't know if it would be safe to take him here, so we called 911 instead. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him.

No one has uttered a word since we got here, I can only imagine the stress Oikawa is going through at the moment. He and Atsumu have become best friends over the few days they've known each other. None of us have seen Oikawa so happy with someone who isn't Iwaizumi. It's obvious he cares about him, probably the same amount that he cares about his boyfriend.

Hearing the doors open, we all look over as a nurse walks toward us. Oikawa shoots up and jogs over to her with me and Iwaizumi following her.

"So? W-What's the news on him..?" He asks worriedly.

"Well, he hasn't eaten for around 2 weeks, that's our guess. That's the reason he collapsed and passed out. Does he have any family that can look after him?" The woman asks, looking between the three of us.

"His brother... But he won't willingly take care of him. My family is staying over for a few weeks, so there isn't any room for him to stay with me. Uh, Sakusa? Will you look after him?" Oikawa asks, looking at me with desperate eyes.

"Ugh, fine."

"Thank you..." The brunette says, hugging me tightly before pulling away and turning to the nurse. "When will he be discharged?"

"He can leave once he wakes up and promises that he will eat. We're uh... surprised that he's even alive. There are a lot of consequences for not eating, especially when you go this long. Are there any mental issues going on with him that could have caused him to stop eating?" She asks, tilting her head to the side just a bit.

"He has anxiety and depression. That's what I've gathered from being around him all the time." Oikawa states.

"Alright. I think he should go to therapy for his issues. We all know that depression can kill you." The woman says, smiling weakly at us. "I will let you all know when he wakes up then you can leave with him." She then turns around and walks away.

Tears well in Oikawa's eyes before they stream down his face. He walks into Iwaizumi's arms, seeking comfort from the man. Sighing, I walk back over to the seats and sit down, rubbing my temples.

This... has turned into a shit show.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi left around 15 minutes ago because Kawa fell asleep. Now I'm just sitting here on my phone when it's dark outside. It's 11 PM, which fucking sucks because I have school tomorrow and I was supposed to be asleep by now. I wonder if my sister would be open to taking care of him for me when I have to go to school. I'm sure she would, she loves him. If only she knew the truth.

"Sakusa?" Someone says from behind me. Looking over to spot a nurse, I stand up and turn to face her. "Atsumu is awake and ready to leave. Make sure he eats when you get him to your place." I nod in response to this, looking over at the double doors as they are opened to reveal an exhausted-looking faux blonde.

He stops in front of me as I make a follow gesture with my head. Walking out of the ER, we head for the parking lot and open the door to my car for Atsumu. He slides in and puts on his seatbelt before I shut the door and walk around the front of my car to slide in the driver's seat. (Don't ask how his car is magically there.)