|21|

A/N: I'm literally listening to sad music with rain in the background and I'm in my feels rn. And looking at the picture of my deceased cat ain't helping.

[ S a k u s a ]

Pacing around the front of the hospital with my mom, I wait for my dad to arrive. Atsumu is going through with the biopsy right now, it's going to take an hour or two so I need something to distract me. When I first heard what came out of that doctor's mouth, I thought he was playing a joke... I didn't want it to be real.

Seeing my dad's rental pull into the parking lot, I walk over with my mom following close behind. He steps down from the car and shuts the door after parking. "How is he?" He asks, wondering why we called him here so urgently. We didn't tell him what happened, we only said that Atsumu was sick.

"He has a brain tumor. They're doing a biopsy to tell if it's cancerous, even if it's not, they're still going to remove it with Atsumu's go ahead." My mom says, squeezing my shoulder gently. My dad's facial expression is unreadable, scaring me a little bit. "Kaz?"

"Sorry, I'm just a little shocked. Forget a little, I'm immensely shocked. He's honestly like a son to me, so of course, I feel bad. I think we all think of him as family..." The man mumbles, looking up at the sky. It's that type of blue color you get when the sun is just beginning to rise. It's pretty... Something Atsumu would love to enjoy. God, I'm talking as if he's dead.

"How about we go get something to eat from the cafeteria, yeah?" My mom says, grabbing my dad's hand and guiding both of us inside the building.

Atsumu was moved to a different room on the 5th floor. Room 201. Right now I just want to see him and his smile. But I should probably call Oikawa, even though we're 7 hours ahead. It's 5:45 AM right now, so it would be... 10:45 PM back home. He doesn't sleep till late at night, and I'm talking 2 in the morning.

"I'm going to call Oikawa, I'll be outside. I'll meet you in the cafeteria when I'm done." I state, turning back around and exiting the building while calling Oikawa. After a few moments, he answers, but I don't give him time to speak first. "Kawa, you need to promise me something."

"Sakusa, did something happen?"

"Promise me you won't freak out," I demand.

"Y-You're scaring me... B-But I promise..." He mumbles, his voice shaky. He must be with Iwaizumi because I hear a rustle in the background like he's with someone.

"Atsumu got sick, really sick. He was continuously throwing up with no breaks in between. He finally got some sleep, but I had this horrible gut feeling that something else was wrong. So I demanded that we take him to the hospital to get checked out once he woke up. His symptoms were vomiting, nausea, headache, blurred vision, and balance problems. They did a blood test and an MRI. When the nurse came back with Atsumu from the MRI, she looked different than when she took him there. I immediately knew something bad had happened, but I didn't question it because I didn't want any bad news. I wanted to be wrong, oh so wrong."

"What happened..?"

"He has a brain tumor, Oikawa. They're doing a biopsy to test whether or not the tumor is cancerous or benign. If it's benign, they're still going to remove it with Atsumu's go-ahead because it can turn cancerous... I am so... I'm so fucking worried for him. He knows about what we are, he took it easily. But days later, he got sick. Good thing I listened to my gut because we caught it early."

"Oh my god-" Right at that moment, he starts crying, handing the phone over to Iwaizumi. "I heard everything, Kusa... Is he okay right now though?" Iwaizumi asks.