|7|

[ A t s u m u ]

Humming, I flutter my eyes open at the warmth that hits my face. Sitting up with a stretch, I feel something move on my side. Looking over, I smile softly at Lapis snuggled up close on my right with Jewels on my left. Slowly getting out of bed, I accidentally wake them up. "Aw man, I'm sorry," I say quietly, the dogs yawning before standing up and stretching.

Placing my feet on the cool wood flooring, I stand up and walk out of the bedroom with the two dogs following. They trot on forward, waiting for me at the stairs before walking down with me. Turning the corner, they run through the doggy door and head outside.

"Good morning, dear." A female voice says from my right, grabbing my attention as I look over. "I have some toast ready for you, and of course, a coffee," Hina says, smiling brightly at me.

"Thanks," I mumble, walking over and sitting down on one of the four bar stools. She slides the plate over to me along with the cup of coffee. Looking behind me, I tilt my head at the sight of Kiyoomi sleeping peacefully on the couch.

"He was up till 5 this morning... Something is worrying him and he won't tell us what it is." The woman says, putting her long black hair up into a ponytail.

"It's probably about me... He's been forced to be around me these past few days and I doubt he's okay with it." I say quietly, taking a drink of the coffee before grabbing one of the two toast and taking a small bite.

"Why do you say that? You're a sweet boy." She says worriedly.

"Well, let's just say that my brother, Osamu, has put a bad name on me which has caused people to avoid me at all costs... Can I tell you something though...?" She nods at me with a worried frown. "My brother spreads lies about me so that I have no friends, only a few now realize that whatever comes flying out of his mouth is garbage. The only thing that he says that's true is that I'm a... well, I sell my body... B-But not for the reason you might think! I'm in trouble financially, I barely have enough money to pay rent in full and when I do, I barely have enough money to pay for food and necessities. Oikawa, my new friend, said that I could ask him for money, but I denied it because I don't want to be a burden to him and I don't want people to think that I'm only friends with him because he gives me money."

Hina smiles softly at me before speaking. "That means you're a good person, Atsumu. What do your parents think of your brother's behavior?"

"They never liked me, they preferred Osamu over me. They abused me emotionally and verbally, never physically because they knew that they could land in prison for that. I didn't... I didn't do anything wrong." I say, covering my mouth as tears well in my eyes. "I never had treats like Osamu did, I always got the leftovers, sometimes never eating because they would purposely eat all the food that was left. It was a 4-bedroom house, and yet, my room was in the basement."

"Oh, sweetie... I'm so sorry. Does Kiyoomi believe these lies? I'm disappointed in him if he does."

"I think he does... When our partners were being chosen, he said... "I'd rather kill myself than work with him" and "he's probably gonna try to sleep with me." I never... I never felt so hurt in my life. Everyone laughed..." At this, the woman scowls, gripping her cup tightly.

"I'll have a serious conversation with him once he wakes up. I never raised my children to be like that, so I'm guessing someone influenced him to do so." She says, taking a deep breath in and exhaling to calm herself down.

"P-Please don't- it's fine-"

"No, it's not fine. You're the sweetest boy I have ever met, you don't deserve to be treated like that. And you're just scared that he's going to think even less of you, but I will tell you now, there's something he won't admit to himself. But I'm not going to tell you what it is, he'll tell you on his own when he's ready." She says, smiling brightly at me.