Kate

"I'm nervous." Tina admits.

"So am I. I'm not comfortable with you going back there."

"Neither am I, but I need to get some stuff. You have the girls, right?"

She turns to me in the pouring rain as we stand outside her house. The baby hairs that don't quite reach her ponytail are glued to her face as water drips from the top of her head.

"Yeah, I got them. But if you take more than an hour, I will come and find you." I promise.

"Please don't, Kate. He'll hurt you. I can't have that." she pleads.

"I don't care, Christina. Our daughters need you, I need you. We don't want to see you hurt. Not again."

"I'll be fine, Kate. I promise."

She pulls me in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek and I do the same. She's cold from the rain and kissing her head was weird because she's wet.

"After an hour." I point my finger at her after I pull away.

Christina only chuckles and shakes her head, before heading inside. Dread, anger, guilt and pain pools in my stomach as she closes the door.

I make my way back over to my house, per Christina's request. She said she didn't want me to hear if something happened.

When I get through the door, I mentally kick myself for not staying. But I promised I'd have the girls. Our two, beautiful, gorgeous, perfect girls.

I see Mammy sat on the couch with them and I smile at the sight. She loves them and the fact that she's their Granny.

"Hey, spud. The juniors just fell asleep. They are so well behaved." she tells me quietly when she sees me.

"Thank you, Mammy. I'm just going to get dried and dressed and I'll take them off of you." I say as I make my way to the stairs.

"Oh no, don't do that! I'm having so much fun cuddling with them."

I laugh as I run up the stairs. In my room, I see Anaheim sat on the foot of my bed.

"You okay, Ana?"

"Yeah. Is Tina okay? When is she coming back?" the eight year old asks.

"She's fine, for now. I don't know when she'll be back."

"Are you okay?" she tilts her head, studying me.

"No. Not until Tina comes back."

"Okay." was all she said as she up and left my room. What a weird kid.

I dry myself off and get changed, I will be wearing my waterproofs, should I be going outside again.

I go back downstairs to relieve Mammy of the babies.

My Ruth and Zoey. Prides and joys. Nothing, apart from Christina, makes me happier than them. Their gorgeous eyes and cute noses, their soft heads and tiny fingers. I love them so much, I love them more and more everyday.

"Hey, babies. Mama will be back soon, okay? She's just gone to get some of her things, and she'll be right back. She'll miss you too much, otherwise." I tell the infants.

I hold them and they continue to sleep in my arms. I kiss the heads and watch them rest. My little brother, Amos, sits on the other couch and watches us with curiosity.

"You okay, Amos?" I raise my brows at him.

"Just a baby." he replies. I smile at him and he goes back to watching the TV.

I chuckle to myself and check the time. It's been half an hour since I got home. I really hope she comes back soon. My mind is going crazy. And I know the girls will get agitated soon, they love the presence of their Mama.

Mammy gave me some tea to calm down, just the mere thought of tea relaxes me. Please come back, Christina.

I decide to take the girls up to my room, I like to cuddle with them on my bed with Tina, and one of the pillows smell like her so that'll bring some sort of comfort.

It's getting darker and the rain is falling harder. Tina has fifteen more minutes until I leave to find her.

I snuggle with the girls and I hear the front door open.

"Christina, are you alright?" I hear Mammy say.

I heard her sniff and footsteps up the stairs. She opens the door and the sight of her face makes me gasp in horror.

Blood is running down her nose, she has a bruise around her left eye and all around her face, she clutches her stomach and part of her scalp is bleeding.

"He- he hurt me. Why d-does he h-hurt me?" she stutters.

I gently set the babies down and rush to her to wrap her in my arms, where she lets out her cries and sobs.

"I don't know. You don't deserve it. Let's get you cleaned up and into bed, yeah?"

"Okay."

"Good girl." I kiss her head and lead her to the bathroom.

One thing I can't get behind is how small Christina is. She's skinny to a point that it's unhealthy, she's short and doesn't eat very well.

"Tina, what happened?" I asked softly while she strips to get in the shower.

"He asked me where I had been for a year. I told him that I was away from him and looking after my family. He didn't like that so he-" she starts to cry after her short explanation. I think I've heard enough and seen enough. Her torso is covered in bruises and I hug her cold body close to mine. I don't care if I get wet, Tina needs my comfort and I'm here to give it.

"Take you your clothes off." she sniffs. I did exactly that and got back in the shower with her. We found that she enjoys skin to skin contact, especially with myself and our daughters. Sometimes she'll work her way inside my shirt just to feel my skin.

"It's okay, let's get you washed and in some comfy and warm pajamas. Yeah?"

"Okay." her voice shook and it breaks my heart.

I am so sorry ChristinaJo, you don't deserve any of this.