Chapter three

Jessa's pov

In my leisure time, I took up more of my free time between painting and playing the piano, which my therapist said would help me free my mind of those memories not to mention that yesterday was the first time ever that I have gotten back on the ice even though, I doubt that I would go there again because it was silly of me to ever dreams of something like that. Especially what he did say to me about watching me was one of the most beautiful performances that he had ever seen in a long time, well, it will most definitely be his last too.

This was one of my rarest moments where I can let myself be able to be vulnerable to feel the melody surrounding me in the music room before I could remember what really matters to me in getting through this academic year without fearing the ice rink or getting notice of the failure in my career while I constantly remember myself that I'm only human in an attempt to make myself feel any better than I thought I would, however, my phone vibrated from a message by my roommate Rochelle asking me to join her at the best burger joint in town Skyliner diners which I think it was coming to a regular basis thing every afternoon for lunch or dinner.

According to Rochelle, it was the group's favourite place to go to whether they were drunk off their heads or not, I decided to phone her myself to tell them to wait up for me and I stood up from my chair gently closing the piano keyboard lid shut as I walked away from it when Rochelle picked up on the second ring with a noisy background too.

"We are waiting outside for you in the hallway so meet us there in five minutes," Rochelle said to me. "Oh, I bump into Asher this morning and he wants to talk to you about something."

Two previous encounters with a hockey player Asher has recently been in two different places where we keep on bumping into each other, and he was in my philosophy class after the lessons have ended we both go our separate ways from each other except he kept on bugging me to come to his hockey team practice every single class even though I keep on refusing to show up there because the ice rink was a representation of what I have lost including my back injury with a nasty scar which I hated so much anytime that I look into a mirror now I'm hoping that no one else knows more about life since I started attending university I felt like it was my fresh start from who I was a few years ago when skating on the ice was or is my passion.

"Alright, I will be there in four minutes"I replied back to her.

Pondering about what he wanted to speak to me about as I opened a packet of dried fruit nervously chewing on them while thinking if he knew that I was once a professional fingers skater then I shook my head to realize that it was probably silly worrying too much about the problem also I made my way through the noisy hallway full of students who were talking to their friends as I finally spotted Avena my Auburn red haired friend standing from across the room when she saw me here and started to wave me over to where she was standing in front of the entrance to the library.

It was one of those days when my mind and I didn't often get along with together being constantly at war with one another as it gets hard to breathe trying hard to suppress my memories of what could have been like for me to win another Olympic competition not knowing where to go since the only escapism place was ice skating until I just blew up in my face so I thought I'd try checking out the library to pick up some books afterwards, I should maybe find a way to be alone by finding an isolated place or locations to escape into an unknown wonderful world of fictional books pretending that I was part of the journey of the fictional character unravel a world of love, heartbreak, wholeheartedly or earth-shattering romance, the angst and most importantly I was people watching too.

"So, spill in me! On some tea that got the captain of the hockey team. " Avena paused to take a sip of her coffee. "Interested in you because as far as I know, he has been all about hockey." I genuinely had no idea what she was talking about until I realized that he wanted my answer to me tutoring him or helping out his hockey team.

I wanted to stay under the radar of attention to be able to blend in under the spotlight away from people who might realize my secret past career as my mind started working on how to focus on my classwork as I was planning on reading the studies article and the other books that felt like I was carrying books in my backpack the more I started to notice that it wasn't the end of the world for me because I could be anything who I wanted to be in the world full of so many possibilities, therefore, we walk around the block when we saw a music vinyl shop right in front of us.

However, I heard the bell on top of the door of the vinyl shop ring as soon as someone walked through the entrance pushing it open whilst picking up Lana Del Ray, Leona Lewis and Ariana Grande vinyl CDs in my hands not necessarily notice that a particular person's hand has lightly brushed over mine when I happen to pick up the script vinyl and then I suddenly glance at upon seeing him there, but our eyes remains on each other. His never wavers off mine.

"Well, I must say that the only impeccable taste you have in music is the script and I don't know about the rest of them though," he said.

Most importantly, I never thought I would see him in anything else entirely different from his university hoodies or his hockey uniform but here he was fully dressed in his winter apparel which does consist of his outfit being a pair of trainers, Jean, a hoodie, scarf and a coat to help keep him warm for this winter weather. Besides, I have a few more music artists' songs on my phone which include one direction and the Vamps because they both happen to be in my top ten list of favorite famous singers or bands that I'd enjoy listening to every single time.

"They have a much more refined taste than whatever rock songs you listen to."I sarcastically laughed at him.

Slowly walked passed him through the crowded shop of people who were vinyl enthusiasts like me that were looking for a new perfect record disc to purchase from here as he followed from close behind me with a couple of vinyl albums for himself and some may call me vintage but I love listening to music on my vinyl record player as much as I listen to it on my phone too.

After paying for my vinyl record I went out of the shop to eat some food to eat at a retro Diner called Skyline diner to grab a bite of cinnamon buns with a cup of coffees to drink which was delicious and then I went back to my university accommodation as I thought back to the time when my dream was finally coming true until it all started going downhill from the moment I decided to did the twists jump almost ended up tearing my ACL nearly broke at midnight I couldn't sleep due to getting flashbacks from the horror movie I called my past life. The doctor told me that I was lucky enough to make a good recovery one thing that I was self-conscious about was the scar on the back of my head so every night I sneaked out of bed to visit the ice rink or did my homework essay not even know if I could make a decent comeback next year because maybe I could return back in the spotlight again.