Chapter thirty-two

Jessasmyn's pov

God knows how much I've tried to keep on the bright side no matter what I did everything was going to come crashing down on me as it feels like a sharp shard of the iceberg pushed into my chest holding me down until I heard his voice in the background talking to my roommate and friends however, as soon he moved from where he was standing leaning against the wall quickly rushed towards me in one swift motion he lifted me up in his arms placing me on my bed. I couldn't look into his eyes, not ready to face him having one bad day feeling like wild stormwater in the ocean slightly rushed against the tide.

"Jessamyn, I want you to remember that legacies are not born but they are made," he reminded warmly to me.

I feel like an awful person who doesn't deserve his time, warm hugs, encouragement, and big talks about how we were going to achieve our goals and some parts of me wanted to let him know what his father was capable of doing things like blackmail or threaten me to do something that I don't want to do. On the other hand, I rested my head on his shoulder needed to listen to one direction since I missed listening to them being an awesome band find out that some of their songs were very relatable while I was going through a lot of stuff today and here he was standing right in front of me knowing that we were going to have a conversation about who music taste was arguable better to each other.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I decided to up figure skating as well as not choosing another option like pair partner skating. What would my life look like without him? I figured out what it was like to spend more days keeping occupied by using some of my free time spent on singing one direction or Lana del ray including The script and all of these endless what-if questions then I remembered that his dad called me a distraction, threaten, guilt trip me and bribe me so I chose to do it the modest way by not taking his dad money because I want him to be able to have all the necessary nice things in life that I want him to win distraction-free.

"You came over here just to see me but"I exhaled deeply for a second and then I continued to speak. "Look I'm so sorry that you wasted your time on me because all I'm ever I'm to you is a distraction."I let go of him doing everything in my power not to crack.

He looked unfazed by my words which made him stand up and place a pager on my hands along with a handwritten letter, my favourite brand of biscuits which was chocolate Hobnobs in a small pocket-size packet and teddy panda that I  could name whatever I wished to. I watched him get up from the bed as much as my selfish heart wanted him to stay ever so badly until I realized that I was doing this all for him and I wiped away my tears and blamed it on my dust allergies soon as I looked up at Roch's eyes seeing her frown while shaking her head at the same time knowing that it was difficult for her to watched this all.

"Please, read the entire letter okay and I will be one phone call or pager away."he told me reassuringly.

Immediately after he left Roch's and I accommodation room she moved a plate of Alfredo pasta towards me to eat and then started playing feel like by Gracie Abrams and mess it up putting our hands together saying that we were going to be working so hard on this routine for pair partnered skating to win a gold medal because that what badass, amazing independent women were made to do whatever they want including work so hard for their achievements in life.

She was my hype girl cheering me on even after I got to the finals, not to mention how she got her boyfriend every time to buy me breakfast or even coffee too not wanting me to feel left behind or anything like that.

And then she offered to help get me all of my classes notes and stuff so that I wouldn't miss out on any important assignments that I needed to complete for next week because I don't want to fall behind on assignments having my blood being all coffee up from the lack of sleep.