Chapter nine

Jessamyn's pov

The hockey practice went alright today as I help the boys with this task before watching them warming up and training in the ice rink skating around. I eventually got used to this when my friends decided to come to the ice rink to watch the boys practice while that was happened I saw Erick walking into the ice rink coming towards me then I feel like I was a horrible person for not catching up with him about our date this week.

This time he brought the date to me by fetching two chicken mayo baguettes sandwiches, a huge bottle of water to share with him and a chocolate chip muffin to me as I appreciate his efforts for making time around his schedule although, I could feel someone else eyes on me the whole time knowing it was number twenty-three Asher until his coach call him back to continue with the practice to lead the team.

"What's your secret?" asked Avena.

I immediately sent Erick to get some napkins for us to use not having any clues on what she was talking about still very confused, to say the least, in the meantime, I carried on watching the hockey team practice cheering them for motivation momentarily after I saw Asher skating over to the sideline doing his celebration dance as he winked directly at me eventually Erick return to the ice rink mostly we were doing small talk and eating our sandwiches.

Sometimes, I wonder if I could get the medal at the end of all my competitions to me, ice skating wasn't just a little pipe dream more than a passion for the time being able to work on myself and I didn't show my wild craziness and fun side to him because I don't think he would get it.

"What do you mean by my secret? I don't have any other secrets except for the one that came out last week." I said honestly to Avena.

Out loud one of my song that i could easily related was playing out on speaker in the ice rink as Rochelle and Nataila started humming along to the song while the boys had finish their practice some of them went to talk to Erick debating about which were the more better sports hockey or football as I sat here talking to my friends when I saw him nod his head at me, and there I was thinking about skating around the ice rink taking a deep breath maybe once everyone else was gone I could just sat here alone in the quiet because nothing felt more freely like staring at up at the sky, getting lost in the music or ice skating in the ice rink.

Avena was a smart intelligent also beautiful red haired friend of mine who could easily have all the boys she wanted yet she only wanted one of them in the hockey team that have known her for enough but she needed to realize that herself and Wyatt needed to notice her more than a friend much sooner so I have this idea to play cupid hoping this wouldn't blow up in my face as I was thinking of setting them up together beside the point that I could only do as much stuff to help her.

The only way I could persuade Asher to help me with my master plan was by telling him it was for our trust exercise to get to know each other watching romantic movies, not knowing what his ideas of romance was to him which means the operation plan Waven was on board to go.

"No, but what I truly meant was how did you get both boys' attention like that."Avenna sighed while scrolling through her phone.

Charlie, Rochelle, Natalia and me all just looked at each other like we had the same ideas understanding that it was only natural for her to feel this way about her long time friend a hockey defender Wyatt since spending a lot of time together would made her develop more feeling toward him nevertheless, I just shrugged my shoulders in response to her words shortly after I could summon up the best amount of advice that I could give anyone who was in her position because if a boy really like you then he wouldn't want you to pretend to be someone else other than yourself plus he would read all of your favorite books, make some time for you and watch all of your best rewatched movies.

Moreover, Erick and Asher both started making their way back over to me with him sitting a row above us while talking to his friends when I heard Avenna exhaled and looked over at Wyatt then said the words that I thinks she needed to heard from somebody else, here was me thinking that there was a reason why Wyatt doesn't have a girlfriend yet unless we plan to set the two of them up.

"Ave, I think you and Wyatt might have something potential but the answer to your question is to keep being your wonderful and beautiful self."I kindly advised her.

This date that I was on with Erick felt nice and all talked to each other until he abruptly gets up to start getting ready for his football practice, he just got a message from one of his teammates that the football coach was holding an important team meeting so he put his rubbish in the bin before he rushed off. We wave and say goodbye to each other as well as make plans for another date to meet up with each other.

An exhale escaped from my mouth after being super tired from not getting the appropriate amount of sleep all the time to mentally keep propelling to practice more focused on improving my ice skating rendition, Furthermore, all of the hockey players kept on looking at me not knowing if I yawned very loudly regardless of their eyes on me. I began to wonder why I was so famished and sleepy all the time because lack of sleep on time can cause a suppressed appetite. I remember my mom telling me this once.

Erick smiled and said, "Have a great time with you and we should do this again sometime."

For a few seconds, we hug and we stepped back separated from the hug, one more time as he leaves walking out the door of the ice rink as I walked back to my seat reading the email that my doctor had sent me subsequently I watch a TikTok video from two years taking notes in my notebook to inspire my routine to be more confident and creative which shouldn't lack point in technicality.

Asher stole my notebook from me reading nearly everything that I have written down on paper quietly to himself once Erick was gone I have tried to get my book back from him as he tried to tickle me which made me laugh silently eventually handed over my notebook to me when I noticed that he had written in small writing the time he was available for tutoring today.

"Yeah, maybe when my schedule isn't so jam-packed with a million things to do."I muttered under my breath.

Fifteen minutes until modern art class wondering if I could fit in maybe a couple of seconds later to practice or maybe not to be fair, I only have time to tutor him and then get the best moderate time of sleep as the nightmares seem to disappear no longer appeared in my dream but one thing for sure if only I didn't attempt the jump then maybe I wouldn't have cost myself not completing for the golden medals. I was finding peace with myself to not plunge down the broken road again.

"You need something to eat,Burkey," he said to me.

A mini packet of smoky bacon Pringle he had nicely placed in the palm of my hand knowing that I was going to forget to eat lunch later from being too occupied with tutoring him, planning the ice skating routine, joining a modern art class, a load of coursework, etc. I thanked him with a smile on my face as I started re-wrapping up my baguette in its package and then taking a sip of Apple juice.

My whole, entire life I feel like I wasn't competing for myself rather than just with everyone else like there used to be days when I couldn't eat anything that might make me feel sick.