Chapter Thirty

Jessamyn's pov

Back in class today on a Monday morning in the classroom typing away on my laptop even though I should probably go on invest my money on a iPad especially when it was just getting so heavy to carry around a laptop every twenty four seven hours having it in my backpack our professor went through all of the slides that we were on the board very quickly so I had only written down the keywords that were needed for the assignment until one student raised their hands up to ask our professor if this would actually all apply to the assignment of our course which she had replied with a no answer but then told us to write a two page essay now,

In my mind I had already known how I was going to spend my free period doing my essay which was my assignment about how philosophy basically changes society and the basics of laws allowing a systematic study in practice. To be honest, this world evolved immersively over the years but unfortunately not a lot of things have changed. For example, racial discrimination and gender diversity was not in every single company or job career too.

"What are you thinking about Jessamyn?"he asked me in bewilderment as he helped me hold my backpack around.

Hereafter, I snapped out of my thoughts to look over at him focusing my full attention on him as we walked out of the classroom and into the noisy corridor my phone vibrated making me want to look at the cause of it which was a little alert from figure skating coach that she would rather talk to me in person than over the phone about her announcement she messaged me: Jessamyn, I have some excited news for you and it can't wait or be talked over the phone with you too.

As it was a quick thought of celebrating my exciting news was when I started debating between partying or studying for my degree as it was not easy to be ahead of my classes but all my life work of figure skating have paid off and I turned around to smile at him letting him read my news text from my phone in regards to my essay it was due in a month and two days. I decided to go with the celebration option while watching him read the news out loud made me feel happier because it wouldn't have been possible without him and the support of friends or family.

"You, Jessamyn Burke, have been chosen by the Olympic talent recruiter to take part in the next year's Olympics game in Tokyo."he read every word as he continued to grin and shouted out loudly "everyone you won't believe it but guess what?"

He then hugged and kissed me on the lips before he handed over my phone back to me. He kept on saying how much he knew that I was so beautifully talented in anything that I did while everyone else around looked at us like we were crazy in regardless of what everyone else thinks he continued on saying how amazingly perfect I was as well as how proud he truly was of me because he always knew that I could do everything i put my heart or mind into it.

All of our friends were looking at us, not sure why we were smiling like a bunch of idiots since they were all waiting patiently to hear about my extremely good news. I think to myself where was the campus journalism club when I needed them to print off something as awesome as being a qualifier for the Olympic team nonetheless, i didn't want to jinx myself by repeating boasting about it too often to everyone else which meant that I only needed to tell my family, friends and myself that it was finally happening to me.

"What happened?"asked Mason wryly.

Rochelle looked at me for a split second until her smile began to show itself along with Natalia, Grayson, Holden, Avena, Charlie and Wyatt's eyes observing us quietly, still not able to get the hint at all while everyone else was congratulating me for getting a spot in the Olympics. I showed Wyatt my phone to read the email and text messages until I needed to put a reminder to call my mom later.

"Ohh, nothing happened except for me being invited to participate in next year's summer Olympic qualifiers round!"I exclaimed in excitement to Mason.

We all went to Roch's and mine accommodation on campus as the boys were waiting in the kitchen whereas we were getting dressed up in our best clothes to celebrate my important news as I showed the girls my two different outfit choice of tonight one was dark green maxi dress and the other was all back outfit which consists of a pair of converse, leather trousers, a black midriff top and Asher leather jacket.they chosen my dark green maxi dress with matching heels but if my feet were killing me then i would get him to carry me on his shoulders for the rest of the night.