Chapter Ten

Jessamyn's pov

We sat in his room studying the Philosophy hypothesis of which professors who later discovered it argued with another professor about it as I quickly quizzed him on this theory afterwards helping him understand what was it all about and then I was telling him what figure skating routine we should stick to because it might help guarantee us a safe spot in the competition when we were listening to couple songs from both of our playlists that were being narrowed down to two songs so far.

Indecisively the both of us saw his friend Grayson walking across the hallway in the apartment building not knowing which song to pick from so we decided to call him over here to come help us to choose from them. Three of us were standing there in Asher's bedroom listening to music on repeat for three more times while waiting for his teammates' opinions but just in case he agreed with him then I would need to message my friends for their opinions on it too.

"So what do you think about it, Grayson?" I asked Grayson.

The judge needed to see or feel the chemistry between the two of us before deciding whether or not that were a compatible couple so I chosen a solid soft ballad song to capture the emotion toyed around with the audience feeling like there was a strong connection that we made together and I have read a couple of romance novels in my childhood to adulthood but I have to remember that I wasn't always doing this for anyone else because the four years old inner child me. I first started falling in love with figure skating back when it was just me in my cute little skates feeling freer than ever before.

After a while I started competing in competitions by myself at a young age of eight years old so if I wanted to have a love song be played on our stage then I'd have it. Hence the reason why I was hesitant about having something else other than a love song ballad to show my passion as well as devotion to the sports. Now it was his turn first to explain this valid reason why we should consider a different perspective on it.

"Well, they're both great songs but openly this means something more to Jess,"said Grayson.

Moreover, my explanation needed to be relatable, an anecdote should be in it mixed with metaphors or similes adding a couple of symbolism telling them this was more than just a love song to me because it talks about my personal experience and hardships to make them believe it even though, I do see his point of view on it was slightly correct. Grayson didn't have any clue about what we were. I need to discuss the perfect song for our figure skating dual routine. Maybe the first song can be shown emotions and nobody else knows about our little deal.

"Just hear me out okay? Helium is my sport, figure skating, right, just like how hockey makes you feel invincible once you are out on the rink right?"I pointed that out to Him and Grayson.

Some of the songs in our playlist could be by The Scripts, Phoebe Bridge, Gracie Abraham, Sia, Kelly Clarkson, Ariana Grande, Billie Elish, Beyoncé and, The 1975 since I truly do love all of their songs but I think we should just added the songs that he did suggested to me a mixture of both of our personalities, which had me thinking that I should add a couple more Taylor swift's songs because not all of them were about romance for this particular reason I think he should've just listened to it to the music resonate in him instead of disagreeing about it.

I scroll through many pictures of ice skating outfits on my phone hiding myself-doubt behind the screen letting out a tired yawn since I only managed to get five hours of sleep last night and now I smiled at him to try to hide it as I sat here trying to explain it to the two of them.

"Okay, I honestly do hear you out but as long as you don't put Taylor swifts on there-."

Wyatt walked up the stairs to find us having a good conversation about Taylor Swift looking at all three of us sitting down in Asher's room with the door open leaning against the doorframe while rubbing his fingers on his chin thinking about everything we discussed with each other including hearing both of the songs before giving us his final verdict on the topic.