Chapter seventeen

Jessamyn's pov

The first start of our second uni break getting ready inside Avena place on campus for our plan to go clubbing to celebrate making alive to the first half of the university. while I straighten my hair looking at the mirror.  Soon, I dressed up in a black bodysuit and leather trousers, leather jacket and heels combat boots. As we excitedly took a couple of photos on our phone soon heading out of the university campus building waiting for a taxi outside the building today was just going to be a fantastic spending it with my girls friends as the taxi arrived. We enter our taxi and then continued to talked amongst ourselves. shortly after, we arrived outside our location the hockey house feeling ecstatic to let loose partying before thanksgiving visiting my family even i bought them early christmas due to everything being very expensive in the holidays.

Number seventeen who i think his name was Fletcher, opened the door for us only with a red solo cup drink in his left hand had invited us to come. while he went to go get Asher before, mingling with some more people so waited for him come by making myself non-alcoholic drink in a cup for me as i heard the music pumping for the speaker in the living room loudly and from the corner of my eyes i spotted best friends to lovers as well as enemies to lovers books tropes going between those four people: Avena and Wyatt not to mention how close Natalia and Holder were standing right next to each other. In the meantime, i sipped my drink quietly letting my slowly observed the scene in front of my eyes seeing him standing across the room from the corner of my eyes greeting all his party guest immediately after he moved to make a straight bee-line toward taking in my appearance soon noticed that his lips started to twitch up in a smirk.

"You look absolutely beautiful, love."he complimented me.

As we walked toward the living room where everyone else was there playing beer pong, dancing or talking in their social circles soon as i started making my way to the crowds of people at the beer pong table joining his team even if some people did had their own doubt about my aiming ability to throw a ping pong ball in a red solo cup whereas i was still waiting for him to shot his shot with me the irony right now, i focus all of my attention on those feeling suddenly warm enough i took of my leather jacket was my plan to distracted the boys on the other team to win this round for my team only drinking two cup. The excited cheers of my victory for smashing it during in our team victory doing a little celebration dance using a metaphor or something to describe how my day was going ignoring the look that he keep on giving me not minding it at all sequently, the DJ of the night started playing Taylor swift song called Dress literally i was singing this song out of the top of my lungs.

"The sky is so bright tonight and by the way you dont need me to tell you how good you look tonight before it inflates your ego more."I joked to him.

All of this time we were spending together scheming for our friends to start seeing each other, tutoring him, practicing figure skating routines, going places with him and texting each other on our phones was making me realize that best friend dont holds hands like lover or almost kissed one another however, i had no idea what we were without a label now he invited me to come over for thanksgiving afterward i was shaking out of my overthinking thoughts when he put his arm around my neck showing me to all his friends then he tells his puck bunnies fan that he was taken by me for the rest of the night turning each and every single one of them down. He guides me out of the hockey house straight to the backyard/ garden where he shows me what he had built in his free time, instantly swooning over this place where it was nice and quiet outside.

Nothing quite seems to be more amazed than the night sky until I saw the little fortress had twinkle lights hang up on the ceiling of it and then I heard someone playing this song called Can I be him by James Arthur as it turned out that he was the one playing the song on his phone offering his hand for a dance with him so i thought it would be awfully rude if i didn't accept it then i nodded my head as he took his hand in mine to slow dance.

"Oh, Jessasmyn, all of the city doesn't shine as bright as your eyes and I would trade them all to spend every single second more in a day with you, love."he quoted car's outside lyrics by James Arthur to me.

Every single moment of this has made me feel like we has really understood each other from the very first moment the day we met in the cafe and no one else had ever called me love before or put so much effort into building this amazing hideaway fortress until I met him, nevertheless, it started raining outside our fortress reminding me of how nearly every single romantic movie or books that I've ever watched as well as seen except for this particular scene was playing out in my own life just not some random romance scenario plot in the book of my mind.

Many of my friends were so shocked by the fact how he was willing to be my skating partner saying that I didn't know how many girls that he had rejected but according to them, it was all different when it came to me asking him to do something for me in our little gamble of bets.

"Did you do all of this for me?" I asked him in wonderment.

I think he might have found access to our playlist as James Arthur voice transition to Rihanna voice moving sequently to the next song playing We found love which i might had added to the day he gave me his hockey jersey to wear to all his games and then we got interrupted by Charlie along with Mason who gave us both knowingly smirk ignoring the smirk as we walked back into the house to that there was a fight breaking out in the kitchen as all the hockey boys players gathered up together to see what this fight was about until Wyatt was explaining how some boy accident spilled their drink on Avena without apologizing beforehand they made her feel a little bit uncomfortable.

If anyone else knows Asher as much as I had come to know of him then I'd say that he was the least violence wanting peace not conflict but Grayson was the quiet yet greyhound of the group Mason was the deadly silent one who was like an older brother, Holden was well the protective / will back his friend up in a fight, Fletcher was the one blunt who say what he was thinking ninety five percent of the time and Wyatt was the goofy and fun loving who often hides his pain behind a smile or a simple smirk but the five of them were like brothers to me having non- judgment of each other absolutely treating every single one another as family pack. Altogether they were unstoppable on the hockey field even right now all of them were standing protectively in front of my friends and I ready to put those boys in their places as Wyatt told us to go upstairs in his room to get Avena clean up including find her a shirt of his to wear in a replacement for her now ruined top.

"That wasn't the entire story of why the boys are fighting them."Avena breathes as a frown start settling on her face and then she continued to added "the boys they are arguing with... is my ex-boyfriend Ryan is in the opposite hockey team called the lions-"

I injected Avena. "You don't have anything to explain yourself Ave. for what it's worth I think you should take a risk and fall in love with your best friend." anyone else can see how much Wyatt cares about her and she reciprocated his feeling for her in returns.

Here i was trying to a friend of mine get together with her guy best friend which was her crush as if i wasn't facing a similar dilemma as her to be fair, the one specific hockey player i was thinking about might not share the same feeling as i did for him that was why i was determined to become a mastermind for a brilliant plan even if it could mess up the partnership for my competition or even worst our friendship if something wrong might happen to us now that i was growing sick and tired of the what if questions that keeps repeating in my mind thereafter, i heard my auburn haired friend sighed knowing that i was right once again, we started heading back downstairs until Natiala come upstair with some snacks along with Charlie and Rochelle holding a cups and drinks in their hands decided to join us upstairs in Wyatt's room playing About Damn Time by Lizzo on one of their phone having our own secret dance party to cheer up our friend then we were singing out loud literally laughing away our stress.

At the end of day, i had come to realize that we were taking thing slow at our own pace but do you something pick up a romance book or any books in particular skimming through all of those pages just to get to the end of a book too excited and impatient to found out what happened if the fictional characters got together in the end never really actually wanting the book to end so you read a whole book series to read a entire lifeline of characters. I like being independent but sometimes, I just want somebody to hold, someone to give me a jacket when it's cold, get that young love even when we were old and hope that he was my Dear no one.