chapter six

Jessa's pov

Saturday morning I was still struggling to get out of bed at nine thirty am since I had slept mindlessly asleep yesterday night thinking about motivating myself to get up out of bed to take a shower, call the diner manager's digit, go over my notes and go back to the ice rinks attempting to start with the basics before I did everything on my to-do list. I was craving blueberry muffins for breakfast but my mind was telling me to get a cup of yogurt with granola and creams because my body was my temple so I needed to treat it healthily by eating a healthier, more fulfilling breakfast.

A couple of hours before I had gotten off the phone with the diner manager telling me that they have already finished filling up their job applicant spaces and I was back to square one again if one door closes then another one would open was what I have kept telling myself for positive mindset motivation. In the meantime, I went out to a cafeteria called Lucero Nero to buy myself some breakfast including my lunch with scalding tomato soup for later today because I figured why not just kill two birds with one stone to save me time from making myself lunch or buying food in the campus cafeteria.

"Hey, Avena and hi, Jessa," said Wyatt.

Both Avena and Wyatt sat down by my table including me in their deeply engrossed conversation about how Marvel was better than DC and I have to set the record straight to them about how Marvel was completely better than DC. It was two against one as Avena and I was trying to convince Wyatt to be a Marvel fan like we were. I was very heartbroken after the infinity war avengers endgames for two weeks straight because Iron, the black panther and the black widow Natasha Romanoff like I was in love with their universe and felt like I had lost someone who I care about.

Apparently, the human brain can distinguish between a made-up fictional universe and our reality. I learned that from an old friend who was taking psychology classes which makes sense to me.

"Hi, guys. I think I prefer Marvel even if they did kill my favorite character off in the endgames." I voiced my opinions.

Today I have seriously learned my lesson about always doing things on time or maybe this waitress job just wasn't meant to be for me.

"Right? but by the way, DC walked so Marvel could run."Wyatt stated to me.

Two of them were debating on it and I saw the way that they were with each other because they were stolen glances including sitting close to one another as Avena blushed whenever he compliment her but the moral of the story was that they were both childhood friend not to mention the fact that he has a girlfriend too.

"I know right but I would always be a marvel fan by heart," said Avena.

Avena high-five me as I was about to pack up my stuff into my bag, using a little coaster to help me carry my hot soup and rushing to get back to my housing building near campus when I entered the dormitory I saw a sticky note that tells me that Rochelle was going to a jazz club with her boyfriend Tristan today. She has invited me to come but I already have plenty of stuff to do today along with attending the boy's hockey practice for a while now knowing that it was an extra curriculum job.

"On that note, I've to leave to put my soup in the fridge and Wyatt, can you please tell your coach that I'm free today during the afternoon for the hockey practices?" I asked Wyatt.

Later on, I arrived early to the ice rink to do some ice skating to the song called Your Soul by Rhodes slowly took a deep breath before I started skating while the song played. I did the perfect twist swishing around the rink with a smile on my face when I noticed that I heard someone else clapping in the background I quickly gilded towards where he was standing by his teammates all hooting for me in a loud applause taking their time listening to their hockey coach, in the meantime, I waited for their team discussion to be over so I can introduce myself to them since my music was now paused watching the boys play hockey until I have stepped onto the ice again.