chapter 5

After hours of driving, we finally arrive at my grandparents house. I go inside carrying Siyamthanda with a small blanket.

We are met with my grandparents standing at the door.

Gogo: mfana wami.
Me: how are you, gogo?

I say giving her a one sided hug and a kiss on her forehead. See, my mother raised me in a loving environment and taught me to be affectionate and respectful.

Me: mkhulu.

I say as I shake his hand.

Mkhulu: ey mfana, you sound and look like a man. this deep voice of yours is going to be a problem.

I really do have a seductive, deep voice.

Me: ah mkhulu, it won't.

They lead us to the dining room where I sit next to my grandmother with Siya on my lap.

The helpers bring out our food after a while. We then indulge in our dinner while having light conversations here and there.

Gogo: Junior, why aren't you going to your matric dance?
Me: gogo, I don't see the point of it.
Gogo: but my child...
???: greetings family.

I look back and find my uncle, Mpumi standing behind his mom, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I get up and he gives me a firm handshake and a pat on the back.

Mpumi: you are a grown man now, huh?
Mom: no, he is still my baby.

My aunt Emihle walks in with the twins following behind her.

Dad: oh boys!

After all greeting have been done, we take our seats yet again and have our dinner over light conversations.

After dinner, I go up to my room and take a shower. After my shower, I wear some sweatpants and no top. I then wear socks and just lay on my bed, watching a movie.

My grandmother comes in after a few minutes.

Gogo: my baby, can you please take Gogo Nomzamo home?
Me: hau ma, where are the chauffeurs?
Gogo: please, my baby.
Me: okay.

I get up and wear a sweater before heading out. I take Gogo Nomzamo's bags for her and we leave the house.

After a good amount of time on the road, we arrive at her house which is on farm out of town.

Me: gogo, you live here?
Gogo Nozi: yes, this is my daughter's farm, she passed away years ago and I came here to live with her daughter who is only 17.
Me: I'm so sorry about that, gogo.
Gogo Nozi: it's okay, son. we have been doing good by God's grace. she is now in her matric and she got accepted at UKZN.
Me: that's good, gogo.
Gogo Nozi: I'm hoping she will continue to make me proud and not disappoint me. you see, her mother had her at a young age and her father was an absent father. we don't even know if he's still alive or he also passed away.
Me: yoh gogo.
Gogo Nozi: I am telling you, son.

I drive in and help her out. Her granddaughter comes out only wearing her pajamas, which if you ask me she looks absolutely gorgeous in.

She is so beautiful, she has this perfect ligh skin that is almost like mine, short and petite. Her beautiful afro just makes it even harder to get my eyes off her.

She stands by the door, excited to welcome her grandmother back home. The closer we come to the door, the wider her smile goes.

We get to the door and she gives her grandmother a big hug before welcoming us in. I look around and see that their home is really beautiful. It looks like those vintage, winter vacation homes. It also feels very much like a home.

Her: hey.

She walks into the kitchen and her grandmother asks me to take a seat. I do as asked and I continue to take in the warmth of this home.

Her granddaughter comes back out with a cup of hot chocolate with some tiny marshmallows.

Her: i made it for you just the way I like it.

Her sweet, angelic voice just awakens things within me.

I take the cup from her and look into her eyes but she quickly looks away.

Me: thank you.
Gogo Nozi: I'll leave you kids alone for a while.

She disappears into the passage, which I'm guessing leads to their bedrooms.

Her: hey, I'm Angela Thatohatsi Mbele.
Me: I'm Ntsikelelo Junior Dlamini.

She nods and takes a seat next to me. She then grabs her throwover and places it on her lap. That's weird, it's not that cold and she has a hot water bottle with her, which just shocks me even more.

Angela: nice to meet you, Junior.
Me: likewise.
Angela: so you're from the family that my grandmother works for?
Me: yes. yes, I am.

Angela and I just sit there for an hour, talking. I can't help but feel something for her. However, I don't even have the courage to ask for her number. She is nothing like those Joburg girls.

She has a pure soul, pure heart, pure aura. I just want to be around her for eternity.