chapter 18

Wednesday, 29 March

I wake up and take a shower. I then wear black Nike sweats and a Nike black tee. I also wear a beanie because my hair is a mess, I think I want to grow my hair again so I'm not going to cut it.

I grab a bottle of water and head to my couch to watch a basketball match. I then get an announcement from the intercom letting me know that I have a visitor.

Me: let him in.

I'm assuming it's my dad. After the conversation we had yesterday, he is probably fuming and I don't care, I'm getting into this business. And that is with or without his approval.

There's a knock on my door and I open it and I find my baby mama.

Me: hey.
Angela: hey.

I pause and she smiles at me.

Angela: are you going to let me in?
Me: sure.

I move away from the door and she carries in a Louis Vuitton suitcase, I'm guessing the girls have been doing some shopping.

Me: the bag?
Angela: oh I'm moving back in.

I purse my lips in confusion but just nod.

Me: alright.

I take her suitcase and her purse upstairs. I run back downstairs and she takes a seat on the couch. I take a seat on the couch as well and I continue watching my game.

Me: why are you here, Angela?

I look at her and she looks down.

Me: I mean you made it quite clear that you don't want to in a relationship with me and co-parenting would be better so why are you back?
Angela: I love you, Junior. when I heard about your accident, I realised that I couldn't and wouldn't be able to bare the mere thought of losing you. I almost did and I don't want to let this chance slip away. I am so sorry, J. I don't want to just co-parent with you, I want to be your wife and I want us to make our relationship work and not only for us but for our child.

I look at her and she quickly wipes away the tears that are on her face.

Me: you wouldn't be able to get rid of me even if you wanted to.

She nods.

Me: come and sit on daddy's lap.

She does just as told and I make her lay her head on my chest while I watch my game. Now, you already know she has a throwover so I just cover her with it. My little baby is back so let's brace ourselves for the drama, the tantrums, mood swings and endless cravings.