chapter 7

I cuddle her and comfort her afterwards.

Me: do you still want that ice cream?

She nods and I wear my pants before heading to the kitchen to get her ice cream and two spoons. I then head back to her room and I close the door.

I head to the bed and we have the ice cream together. After that, we take a long hot bath together.

I then get dressed and she stops me midway of get dressed.

Angela: please spend the night.

I nod but put on my pants. I head to the cars trunk where I always keep an extra pair of tracksuits. The reason why I do that is because I saw my dad doing that.

I head back inside holding the black sweatpants and hoodie in my one arm. I only wear the sweats and then join her in bed before we cuddle for hours.

Tuesday, 3 October

I am making my way back home right now. It really wasn't easy leaving her but I have to get back home. I also left her with my hoodie because she said she likes it.

Anyway, I arrive at my grandparents house and run upstairs. I walk past the study where I overhear an argument.

I walk to the door and listen in.

Dad: I don't want my son anywhere near this business.
Mkhulu: they are going to inherit it either way!
Mpumi: that's true but it's not fair.
Dad: I told you we should have left this business years ago.
Mpumi: but here we are, Ntsikelelo.
Mkhulu: there's no backing out. he should at least learn how to protect himself, which is why he is going to this camp today.

Camp?!

I barge in and the shock on their faces is hard to miss.

Dad: Junior?
Me: dad?
Dad: how much did you hear?
Me: enough.