chapter 15

Monday, 27 March

"I'm so sorry, please just wake up." that's the voice I hear as the machines beep around me. A tear drops on my hand and I move my fingers.

I slightly open my eyes and she stands up to hold my face.

Angela: Junior?

She says as tears continue to fall down her face and her smile widens.

Angela: Junior?

My mom then holds her as she continues to cry.

Me: water...

I say in a hoarse voice. She then opens the water bottle she is holding and helps me drink it.

Mom: let me go and call the doctor...

My mom runs out and I look at my emotional baby mama.

Me: Angela...
Angela: it's okay, just relax.

The doctor runs in and looks at me.

Doc: ah Mr. Dlamini.
Me: Mthombeni.
Mom: how is he, doc?
Doc: he is well. the results are back and the shock that Mr. Dlamini experienced in that moment was what led him to lose consciousness. Mr. Dlamini sustained no other injuries, he is well and healthy and ready to go. however, I would like to keep him here for another day in order to thorough assess him.
Me: that won't be necessary...
Angela: he will remain here for another day, doc.
Doc: alrighty then. I will send your nurse down with your medication.
Mom: thank you.

He walks out and I'm left in this awkward situation by myself. With the woman that just broke up with me and my mother, who supported the break up.