chapter 34

I wake up in the hospital the next day.

Angela: he's awake, he's awake.
Me: mama.

I say in a hoarse voice.

Me: mom.

My mom sits next to me and holds my hands.

Me: I'm so sorry.

She allows the tears to follow and my heart feels heavy, watching the woman who raised me cry this much because of me. Her eyes are even swollen and red.

Mom: it's okay, boy.

Uyathandwa took me in as her own when I was only 2 years old. My very own mother wanted to human traffic me for money, that desperate, cruel woman.

My point is, Uyathandwa raised me and loved me as her own. She does not deserve to be hurt like that by me.

Angela walks in with Kamari not far behind. My brothers walk in after Kamari. My uncle, Lumkile is also here. My dad and my other uncle as well.

Angela: there's something that I need to say.
Me: what's that?

I say with brows furrowed and she walks closer to me. She stands next to me and grabs my hand. She then places it on her tummy.

Me: are you?

She nods with tears in her eyes.

Angela: you almost left me with two kids, lad.

I look into her teary eyes and a feeling of guilt overcomes me. I then break down and she comforts me.

Me: baby, they don't call me die hard for nothing.

A few months later...

I am back in business and better than ever. Mkhize still keeps trying to take his best shot but his part is coming to an end tonight.

Angela's pregnancy is just...
Let me not say anything. She is still growing as an influencer and she has also gone into farming because the farm now belongs to her.

I am happy, I am alive and richer than ever. Life is good, man.