Season 1 Episode 1: First Day

Episode Playlist:
High- Sir Sly
Feels like Summer- Weezer
Dig Down- Muse
Broken Vow- The Krooks
Imaginary Parties- SUPERFRUIT
---------------

Scott woke up with a groan, his eyes adjusting to the bright sunshine that poured into his room.
"Alright." He sighed, slowly crawling out of bed.

He, rather aggressively, rummaged through his clothes before he found a moderately clean shirt and some comfortable basketball shorts. After his socks and sneakers, he jogged out of the door and headed down the hall to the stairs.

Before he could start walking, a blur whizzed past his face and a second later, Lauren was sliding down the banister.
"Think fast, little bro!"

Scott's eyes flickered over to the banister and he hopped onto it, beginning to slide. He lost his balance and fell backwards, landing directly in front of his mother.
"Ah~!"

Connie stifled a laugh and helped Scott up, brushing him off and walking past him.
"Be careful, sweetheart." She said as she walked away.

Scott sighed and walked into the kitchen, freezing when he saw his father. He really didn't want to be pestered about pack members.
"Hey son." Too late.

Scott sighed and grabbed a muffin from the tray Connie had set out before pouring some milk and having a seat at the island.
"Hey, Dad." He huffed.

Rick opened his mouth and Scott held up his hand, telling him to wait.
"I know, dad. Pack members. I said I'll find some." He said before standing.

Before Scott could leave, his father grabbed his wrist. When he turned around, he was gazing directly into ruby red eyes.
"You better. I'm getting old. I can't protect this family forever." Rick growled.

Scott's eyes widened and he gently pulled his hands away. He didn't realize how hard he was shaking until after he walked out the door. He was terrified.

His father never used the Alpha voice on him. Not even when he dumped water on his when he was asleep. He had never done it period.

"I really need to start looking for pack members before he ends up pulling out the claws." Scott sighed, running a hand through his hair.

He grabbed his bike and started pedaling, letting out a sigh when the wind started to pick up.

The wind blowing through his hair made him calm down a bit. The stress of this whole pack business is starting to take a tole on Scott.

The experience was short lived when Scott started to see the school coming into view. He sighed and rode around to the back, hopping off and walking up to the bike rack.

After he locked his bike up, he walked into the school through the back, heading to his first class.

Almost immediately, he had to concentrate. The rumbling sound of everyone's conversations were a thousand times louder than a normal human would hear.

Scott was startled when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and tapped his screen, revealing a text from his sister.

Laurabush: I found my mate 2day. She's so prettyyyy!

Scott's eyes widened. After all of the loud comments Lauren would make about dick and penises, he'd always thought her mate would be male. Turns out he was wrong.

Scooter: Don't pounce on her. She might bit bsck.
Scooter: bite back*

Scott put his phone away and proceeded to his first class. Chemistry.

As soon as he walked into class, his head started to tingle a little. He could feel the pressure of another werewolf's scent filling his nostrils. He followed the scent and found a girl staring right back at him.

He took a seat next to her and turned, looking her up and down. She had medium length blonde hair with striking facial features. She was pretty.
"What do you want?" She asked bluntly, looking back at her phone.

Scott looked around for an excuse to why he was staring at her, but all he could come to was being a creep.
"I... uh...." He stammered, fiddling with his phone.

The girl sighed and slammed her pencil down, directing a hard glare at Scott.
"Listen. Stay out of my way. You stay quiet; I stay quiet. Got it?" She whispered.

Scott's eyes widened for a second and he replied with a rapid nod, slowly scooting away.

"Mr. Hoying. Ms. Maldonado. Care to share your interaction with the rest of the class?" The teacher asked, drawing attention to the duo.
"No. Now mine your own damn business." The girl snapped, making Scott hold a gasp.
"Principal's office." He said.
"Thank you." The girl sighed, grabbing her things and leaving.

Scott felt eyes on him and he glanced back at the teacher.
"Would you like to join her?" He asked.

Scott weighed his options. Potential for a pack member or being spared the furry of his mom.
"I'll just..." Scott started collecting his things.", go."

He jogged out of the class and down the hallway to see the girl playing with her hands, claws fully extended.
"What are you doing?" He whisper-yelled.
"I heard what you were saying. Hearing, remember?" She replied, pushing herself off he wall and retracting her claws.

Scott felt a small smile crawl onto his face.
"Shall we?" He asked, nodding down the hall.
"You're a real gentleman." She rolled her eyes.

The two walked down the hallway in silence, the click of the girl's heels echoing through the hall.
"Scott." Scott finally broke the silence.
"What?" The girl raised a brow, glancing at Scott.
"My name. It's Scott. Scott Hoying." Scott elaborated.

There was a small pause.
"Kirstin." The girl offered.
"Well, Kirsti-"
"If you call me Kirstin, I will slash your throats right here." She threatened.
"Then... what am I supposed to call you?" He asked.
"Kirstie." She said, picking up the pace.

Scott nodded, letting himself remember her name.

Finally, they both arrived at the principal's office. The door was closed, signaling someone was already inside.

Both teens tuned in and listened in on the conversation.
"Are you sure that you haven't seen any traces of a body here? We found most of them in the forest a few miles back, but we wanted to make sure the area was secure in case a kid wanders upon and arm or something." A voice said.
"I assure you, there are no such things here. We would've found it by now." Another voice spoke.
"I hope so. Alright, I'll get out of your hair. Thank you for the cooperation." The first voice said.

Both teens heard footsteps approaching the door and scrambled to act natural.

When the police officer walked out, he raised a brow, but kept to himself.

Kirstie had sat in a chair, picking at her nails. But Scott was posing against the wall.

As the officer walked by, Scott gave a small wave. When he was out of ear shot, Kirstie glared at Scott.
"You're an idiot." She hissed.

The principal stuck his head out and gestured for the two to come in. The duo exchanged a look before walking in.