Season 2 Episode 8: Bodies Everywhere

Scott frowned at the news, "Two dead bodies?"
"Yeah. And one of them was all shredded up. It looked like someone put it through a meat grinder." Avi nodded.

Scott's frown only deepened at the vivid description of a mangled body. Oh how he hated death and everything surrounding it. He found himself tuning out Avi once he started rambling about the mangled corpse.

"The second body was whole, but it seemed to have been poisoned. It was a werewolf, judging by the scent of Wolf's Bane and the, as Avi calls them, 'Wolfie Senses.'" Kevin said.

Matt, whom was sitting beside Scott, gave a soft chuckle, "It's called Moon Link. Shapeshifters of the same animal shift can sense on another due to the connects to the moon."

Kevin smiled, "That sounds much more mature."

Avi crosses his arms. "Still gonna call them 'Wolfie Senses'," he grumbled.

Scott sighed, "Maybe we should stay out of this. We need to focus on finding Kirstie and bringing her back safe and sound."

"Scott, we all want to find her. But we as a collective have zero evidence or clues as to how or where to find her. Mitch searched up and down the woods all last night and is still doing it right now; He hasn't got a clue." Kevin said.

Scott's jaw tightened and he stood, "Then we need to find out everything we can about sirens. We're not leaving any stones unturned."

Kevin sighed, but nodded, "Alright. Matt, would you mind helping me?"
Matt stood, "Not at all."

He and Kevin left with moderate haste, heading to the back room.
Avi looked to Scott, "Scott, I think something else is going on. I mean, what the hell would need Wolf's Bane?"

Scott looked down and thought for a moment, but he couldn't think of anything. He was drawing blanks on too many things and that made him angry. He felt helpless, but he felt that he wasn't using every possible option. That's what made him the angriest.

"Scott... what do we do?" Avi asked.

Scott knee he couldn't give a comforting answer, but he knew that Avi was a person who would freak out if he told him he had no clue. But what could he say? 'Sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas?' That'd be awful.

He looked Avi in the eyes, scanning the curiously deep green of the irises before he felt something click, "I think I have an idea, but I can't really tell you because I'm not sure I entirely have said idea yet..."

Avi's brows furrowed and he tilted his head.

"-just trust me, Avi. Okay?" Scott said.

Avi nodded, but he was still extremely confused. He wasn't entirely sure Scott even knew what he was doing, but he trusted Scott. After Scott saved him from nearly dying, he knew he'd follow Scott anywhere.
————
Kevin and Matt spent what felt like hours scouring the internet and all of the books they could find on sirens. There's a few things they decided to keep in mind such as common characteristics, ways to lure them, and other things that would be deemed useful.
Kevin sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose as he read a small paragraph in a large article that dealt with Greek mythology and vague lore on sirens.

Matt found himself with more paper cuts than anyone should have, but his healing factor made short work of it. He set down the book and sighed heavily, "I honestly thought this would be more eventful."

"Would you have rather gone toe-to-toe with the sirens?" Kevin asked, turning in his chair.

"No, no. Heavens no. I just thought there would be more action in this. But all I can think about right now is how much my eyes hurt." Matt chuckled.

Kevin shook his head, "I'm guessing your pack doesn't normally deal with threats."

"No. We're very passive. We often hide ourselves and make sure that no one knows what we are." Matt nodded.

Kevin gave a look that showed he respected that. He respects the Smith pack as a whole. They were like a family, even if none of them looked anywhere near blood related. He figured that family isn't just blood ties. Family is chosen, and when he thinks of it like that then Avi is the only family he truly has, even if his mother and father are still very much so present in his life.

Matt stood and stretched a bit, "Should we retrieve Mitchell?"

Kevin stood and sighed, "Yeah. Let's go get the little guy."
—————
Mitch sniffed the air as hard as he could, picking up what he could. It seemed that everywhere he was, he could still smell faint traces of Kirstie's perfume. He continued walking, making sure to be as silent as possible. He didn't want to be heard or spotted.

Mitch's ears picked up faint, swift movement. So swift it nearly scared him. He jumped, latching into a tree and climbing up to find a vantage point. His eyes hastily scanned over the area, sifting through everything that his eyes could trace.

Although he knew he was probably the scariest thing in the area, he was still frightened out of his wits.

He could hear the swift movement not only getting faster, but more aggressive and much closer. His heart beat soon filled his ears as he tried finding the source. He chewed his lip and sank his claws into the branch of the tree in his fright, eyes glowing yellow as they scanned.

Mitch froze when he heard a soft growl. He didn't know what to do. He could tell just by the strong scent he was picking up that Whatever was out there was stronger than he was.

Suddenly a swift, almost unprocessable blur whizzed underneath the tree.

Mitch shrieked and stumbled backwards, falling from the tree. Just as he was to hit his back on the ground, a swift force swept him up and he found himself in the arms of Matt.

"Calm down." Matt said calmly. All he could really hear was the harsh throb of Mitch's heart racing.

Mitch took shaky breaths as he slowly but surely calmed down. He held Matt close for a while before he asked to be set down, which he was.

"Mitch, what happened?" Kevin asked.

"You scared the Hell out of me, that's what!" Mitch shouted.

"You were scared before we came. What happened?" Kevin asked sternly.

Mitch frowned, "I think I heard something. Something dangerous and really fast. It sounded big, too."

Kevin thought for a moment. He was already starting to make connections; at least connections with what he had in his mind. He already had quite a few theories as to what it could've been that frightened Mitch, a werewolf, so deeply.

"We should just get back to Scott's house, for now. We can conduct a better means of searching later." Matt advised.

Kevin nodded, "Excellent idea." He grabbed Mitch's hand and began walking back. Matt followed closely behind them, looking around.

He noticed that there was a large, deep claw mark on the trunk of the tree Mitch was on.