Season 1 Episode 5: Allied Alpha

Scott barged through the front door and rushed to the kitchen, setting the spazzing Avi on the counter.  He ripped off the boy's shirt and shouted for his mother.

Connie was in the kitchen within seconds, understanding the urgency in his voice. She let out a gasp of surprise when she saw the shuddering human on her counter.
"What happened?" She asked as she started to put on disposable gloves.

Kirstie bit her finger nails subconsciously as she watched the blood oozing from the bites along with a clear liquid.
"We were stalking the woods and he just happened to be wandering in them.-"
"At one in the morning?" Connie cut Scott off with a question.
"Yes. Were we're telling him to go home when something attacked us. It was a weresnake... I think? It was like really scaling and it had claws and fangs." Kirstie added.

Connie took a sample of the clear liquid that was oozing from Avi's neck.
"Well. This is definitely a venomous weresnake. I don't have any anti-venom here. You'll need to go to the Smith pack and ask Alpha Alesha." Connie asked.
"Aren't they the pack that specializes in healing and medical rituals?" Kirstie asked.

Connie put a over the sample cup before handing it to Scott.
"When you get there, ask her if she has any kind of anti-venom for this." She said.

Scott looked at the cup of clear liquid before glancing at the still spazzing Avi.
"Scott. Go. He doesn't have much time." Kirstie said.

Scott nodded before he grabbed his dad's car keys from the counter and sprinting outside. He hopped into his dad's truck and took off, driving down the road as fast as he could.
---------

"Why do you care so much about this young man?" Connie asked, glancing at Kirstie.

Kirstie shook her head.
"I don't. I just don't want the weight of having more people dying because of me." She sighed.

Connie gave a small nod, not wanting to prod.
"My son thinks of you highly." She spoke again.
"I've noticed." Kirstie said.
"He thinks you're strong. Both of mind and body." She continued.

Kirstie stayed silent for a minute, thinking.
"I don't really hate the idea of being part of his pack." She said.
"What's holding you from confirmation?" Connie asked.
"He's just so new. New to having a pack. New to supernatural creatures. It's almost baffling how he could be born as a werewolf and not know anything of his kind or any other creatures. He didn't even know there were other kinds of shape shifters. I don't know if someone like that would be a good leader." Kirstie said.
"That's how Rick was. My husband didn't know anything about supernatural creatures when we first met. But as he learned and as he fought, he became strong. He even defeated an Alpha and took his power. Scott is just a new mind. He will rise to the occasion. Just like now. He didn't k ow this boy, but he still aided him when something went wrong." Connie said.

Kirstie stayed silent, watching Avi's still body have short spasms. She had to admit, she was surprised at just how quickly Scott was willing to help him. He even protected him while they fought. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to be part of his pack.
"Besides. There are always worse leaders. Just look at history. There are even Alphas today that mistreat their packs and abuse them." Connie finished.

Kirstie was going to speak,but Avi started to cough up the clear substance as well.
"Help me get him to the shower." Connie said, picking up Avi.

Kirstie helped Connie with Avi and opened the bathroom door. Connie dropped Avi in the shower and turned on the cold water.
"What's happening?" Kirstie asked.
"The venom is trying to reach vital organs. If we put him in cold water, it slows his blood flow and keeps them from flowing to vital organs. We need to drop his body temperature to near absolute zero if we want his heart and other organs to stay secure." Connie explained, running out of the room and coming back with ice.
---------

Scott skidded on the driveway, slamming the brakes and hopping out of the car. He was in a full blown sprint to the front door when it opened on its own, resulting in him stumbling in and toppling over.

Someone grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the wall.
"Who are you?" He growled.
"Scott Hoying. I'm here to speak to Alpha Alesha about something important." Scott said.

The man dropped Scott almost immediately and dusted him off.
"M-my apologies. She should be upstairs in her study. Second door to the left." He said, pointing up the large staircase.

Scott gave a quick nod before jogging briskly up the stairs and counted the doors. When he stood in front of the second door, he could feel the power of an Alpha inside. With a soft hand, he let a knock ring through the door.
"Come in." A gentle voice spoke.

Scott twisted the knob and entered the room. Inside, the office was full but almost haphazardly organized. At the desk in the far back of the room was a woman. She was of thick build, but not heavyset. She had soft features and curly black hair that was messily tied up in a puffball.
"Alpha Alesha-"
"Just call me Alesha. I don't like the whole Alpha title. It makes me feel like I should be worshipped or something." She cut him off.

Scott nodded quietly and awkwardly stood in front of the door.
"Please. Sit down." Alesha said, gesturing to one of the seats in front of her desk.

Scott sat down and fiddled with his fingers do r a little while.
"What brings you here? Rick rarely asks for anything." She said, putting down her pen.
"Well. We need anti-venom." Scott said.
"What kind of anti-venom?" Alesha asked.
"Well. I don't know what kind but my mom did take a sample of the venom that was oozing from the bite." He said, taking the cup from his pocket and placing it on the desk.

Alesha took the cup and stood up, instructing Scott to follow her. They walked to a door in the study and she opened it, revealing a room filled with labeled boxes and sterilized needles.

She grabbed a needle and drew some of the venom from the cup, putting it into a test tube and letting it sit in a machine. After a few seconds, Alesha's eyes widened.
"Oh no." She whispered.
"Oh no? What 'oh no'?" Scott asked.
"This venom is like a mesh of every venom to exist on earth. I only have about half of that. I can give you a concoction but it will only kill half of it. Werewolves should be fine considering our bodies heal much faster and should reject the rest of the venom once half the pressure is taken off." Alesha said, grabbing each test tube and poured a drop of each in before stirring it up and handing it to Scott with a lid.
"B-but what if it was a h-human?" Scott asked.
"He's probably been dead for hours now." Alesha sighed.
"Shit. Thank you, Alesha." Scott said, running out of the house and downstairs.

He sprinted to the truck and quickly fumbled with the keys to start it, quickly backing up and stepping on it down the road.
"Please be alive." Scott said.

Once again, his eyes were glowing a bright blue instead of their normal yellow.