Season 2 Episode 10: Magically Inclined

Scott sprinted down the side of the freeway, his pack in tow. He could feel Kirstie's scent growing stronger and stronger to his nose, making him move even faster.

Eventually, the smell started fading, showing they had jogged past the place they needed to be. He quickly turned, instructing the others to do the same.

Mitch sniffed around as much as he could, but where they stood—underneath an overpass— was void any place to go other than away. He frowned, turning to the others, "What do we do?"

Kevin thought for a moment, eyes scanning. After a while, they landed on a rusty door. He glared at it, taking a short step closer to it. He smelled Kirstie's scent grow stronger. "Over here," he called, gathering the others' attention.

Avi wasted no time. He marched to it and kicked it clear off the henges, barging in.

Kevin sighed and rolled his eyes, "So much for the element of surprise." He entered behind his knuckle headed friend.

Mitch, Matt, and Scott crept behind them. Kevin turned back to them and whispered a few things, pointing down different tunnels. He was certain they all had a lead point. The three boys took the information and scattered. Afterward, Kevin continued down the dark tunnel behind Avi.

The duo used their ability to seen in the dark to find their way around, finding the tunnel was a narrow passage. It was most likely an abandoned work tunnel.

Avi looked straight ahead, jumping a bit when he saw a figure. The figure was lean and broad, showing a masculine physique. Suddenly, the lights in the tunnel clicked on, illuminating the entire way with a harsh, eerie yellow.

Avi was blinded by the sudden light, shutting his eyes instantly. When he opened them, the only person in the tunnel with him was Kevin. He frowned, "Did you see that?"

His frown deepened when he received a confused look from Kevin. He turned his attention forward again, continuing down. His mind started to wander along the bare, dirty walls of the tunnel, wondering what it was in it's prime. Perhaps a mine? No. It didn't seem to look like it.

Soon he realized how quite the tunnel was. All he could hear was his footsteps, Kevin's, and their breathing. He felt something was off, but he didn't know what.

Kevin knew something was off, also. He started to map out he layout of the tunnel, furrowing his brows, "We're walking in circles."

Avi frowned, "What?"

Kevin halted abruptly, narrowing his eyes, "Something's not right, here." He stayed still, but let his ears completely wander. He couldn't hear anything. Not even the others.

Avi frowned, turning around. He found himself face to face with himself. Like a mirror image, and it was continuing down what seemed to be an endless tunnel. Not an end in sight, just him over and over again.

Kevin sighed, continuing to walk. Avi tried grabbing him, but Kevin walked past him as if he weren't even there. He also seemed to be talking to someone, but it wasn't him.

Kevin walked directly through the first mirror illusion. Disappearing from it all together. The only thing Avi could see was himselves and the endless tunnel.
—————

Mitch crept along the dark tunnel, using his senses to find his way around. He felt like he had so much to go, but so little energy. His body started to feel depleted. Void energy. Completely unrested. Nevertheless, he powered through the near crippling—and rather sudden—exhaustion and kept moving forward.

After what felt likes hours he stumbled upon a door. The door was a steel grate of sorts, covered in cobwebs and rust. He could smell the scent of Kirstie being stronger. She was close. Twenty meters close.

Mitch was so fixated on the close proximity that he didn't notice to person approaching him until the heartbeat began to fill his thoughts.

He turned only to be met with a harsh force and an ear rattling noise. He hit the grate with a bang, hunting and falling to his knees. He coughed a little, the wind being knocked out of him. A small hand gripped his hair and yanked him up, making him stare into the eyes of Iris. He didn't know her name, but he knew he recognized her as a siren.

Iris tightened her grip on Mitch's hair, earning a breathless wince and a slight whimper. She chuckled, "You're a useless little one, aren't ya?"

Mitch growled, baring his fangs and chomping at her. She sighed and shook her head, kicking him in the stomach and grabbing him by the neck, lifting him.

Mitch grunted in pain and gagged as he was forced against the concrete wall.

Iris started to hold a flat note, face seemingly full of concentration.

Mitch started to hear a harsh harmony, causing his ears to bleed more than they were. He found it unbearable, finding the desire to bash his head against concrete. His hands didn't know whether to try prying her hands off or cover his ears. He decided to kick, managing to land a good one to her crotch.

She yelled, dropping him and backing away.

Mitch rubbed his throat and his eyes flowed yellow. His claws grew and he snarled, glaring at Iris.

Iris glared back before she let out a harsh, multi toned noise that made Mitch close his eyes and cover his ears. He opened them a moment later to find Iris gone.

Mitch returned to normal, groaning and leaning against the wall, sliding down it. He finally felt the pain from his violent assault. The harsh throb in his ears, the painful ring. The dull pain in his throat. Harsh sting on the back of his head. He felt like garbage. He found himself slumping, his vision darkening and his eyelids closing. He realized he was not exhausted than he thought. He found it harder to move his limbs, soon choosing to give up on doing so. It was only a matter of seconds before he was asleep.