Season 2 Episode 11: Search Party

Mitch woke with a groan, the taking a deep breath and sitting up straighter against the wall. His healing had taken care of his injuries, meaning his pain and his wounds were both gone entirely. Memories of what lead him to this moment instantly jogged his memory as he stood, looking over at the grate.

He turned to his and wrapped his hands around two of the rusted bars. He took a deep breath and gripped the bars tightly. His eyes flashed their glowing color and his muscles tightened as he pulled with all of his supernatural strength. The bars bent without much resistance, the door heaving in. After a small moment, the door completely ripped off the hinges.

Mitch smiled in triumph. His first true win in a while. He tossed the door aside, continuing down the dimly lit stairway.
————

Avi narrowed his eyes at himself, which seemed to be doing so as well. It was like a mirror of sorts.

He reached out a hand, the clone doing so as well. The further his raised his hands, the more confused he became. Soon they were aligned and Avi expected to touch a hard surface of slip right through.

That wasn't the case.

He felt himself touching another hand. A hand with the same features and scars as his own. The same warmth of a hand. He gasped, jumping back. He most definitely didn't expect that.

The clone did the same, but then it smirked. All of the other clones in the hall rushed forward, firing into the one that had strayed out of line. Soon, the hallway wasn't endless. It was normal. Completely normal, except for the clone standing there.

Avi frowned, "The fuck are you?"

"What are you, is the question? After all, I am you." The clone smirked, beginning to walk around Avi.

Avi didn't let the clone out of his sight. He didn't know what it was capable of, "What the hell is that supposed to mean? Who... what are you and what have you done with my friends?"

"My name is Iva and you'll find out in due time. But I'll give you a small hint. A hint to what you're probably here for. You're little girlfriend, the one the sirens took, is here. However, I'd advise you leaving. It doesn't affect me if you do or don't leave, but it'd be smart on your part." The clone chuckled.

"Why the hell would I do that? If she's here then we're going to find her and bring her back safe and sound. End of story." Avi crossed his arms.

Iva's face flashed deadpanned for a split second before returning to the initial smirk, "You're an arrogant little bastard, aren't ya?"

Avi was a little thrown off the facial switch, but stood determined, "I'm not here to talk with you. I'm here to get my friend and leave."

Iva's cornia expanded, slowly turning the entirety of his eyes black, "I don't think you're grasping you insignificance here, Avriel."

Avi's eyes widened, "What are yo- Ah!"

Iva cut Avi off by wrapping a harsh hand around his neck and lifting him in a single swoop, "Listen to me you anus sniffing twat! I'm here to help you, whether you like it or not. So show me some damn respect or I will snap your neck and let your friends die on their own."

Avi was too busy gasping for air to talking. The grip was so strong, like it was crushing his entire being. Even his supernatural strength was doing next to nothing. It hurt to breath. He managed to squeeze an "Okay" through before his face started turning blue.

Iva glared and then sighed, flicking his wrist.

Avi smacked against the wall with a heavy grunt and landed on the ground with a merciless thud.

Iva's eyes returned to normal and he seemed to gather his composure, "Now that that's settled, let's find a way to get rid of this stupid spell."

Avi coughed as he pushed himself from the ground, rubbing his throat. He glared at Iva's back and huffed as he looked around, "How?"

Iva smirked, "Well... I suppose if I do this," he snapped his fingers.

The entire illusion went away. It was as if the world was wiped clean of contaminated arts and Avi saw what he truly needed. He saw the same tunnel, but he saw Kevin examining a small vent. He seemed to be talking to someone, but there was no one beside him.

"Go on. Go save your friend." Iva said.

Avi looked at Iva, then at Kevin, then back to where Iva was. Iva had vanished into thin air.

Avi was freaked out, but decided he'd focus on it later. He jogged over to Kevin, kneeling down and looking at him.

Kevin's voice became audible and Kevin looked over to Avi, "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Avi furrowed his brows, straining his ears.

He could hear a soft humming. It sounded familiar. It sounded like Kirstie.

"Do you think it's her?" Avi asked.

"Only one way to find out." Kevin grabbed the grate, ripping it off with little effort and tossing it away.

"Ladies first." Avi chuckled.

"That was extremely demeaning. But I'm going to go, anyway, because I'm smarter than you and I'll know when and when not to stop." Kevin narrowed his eyes.

Avi rolled his eyes and slapped Kevin on the ass, "Just go."

Kevin sighed and began crawling.

Kevin moved slowly, barely making a sound as he found an opening in the metal. He peeked through, having to use his supernatural vision to see in the dark area. He saw her. He saw Kirstie just sitting there.

"What do you see?" Avi whispered.

"Let me scope it out." Kevin whispered back.

Kevin used all of his senses. He didn't smell any other people or scents in the area aside from himself, Kirstie, and Avi. He decided it was all clear. He slithered his hand forward, extending his claws and placing them on the edge of the opening. He pulled them, ripping it wide enough for himself to get through.

Once the opening was good enough for him to get through with minimal to no scratches, Kevin climbed through, dropping down. He moved out of the way, dusting himself off.

Avi tumbled out of the opening, landing with a thud. He groaned as he sat up, patting the dust from his hair and back.

Kevin rolled his eyes and looked to Kirstie. She was just sitting there, eyes closed. She was barely even breathing. Her skin was paper than usual, and she was a little more thin than the last time they had crossed paths.

Avi instantly walked to her. "Kirstie," He whisper-yelled.

Kirstie's head slowly lifted. This caused Avi to stop dead in his tracks, frowning as he waited to see how she reacted.

Kevin got a bad feeling about this. He reached forward, grabbing Avi's arm and yanking him back as Kirstie swung a clawed hand.

Avi yelped in surprise. He was grateful that he got out of the way just in time. He owed Kevin big time.

Kirstie slowly rose to her feet, head facing the dynamic duo. A harsh, deep growl began to resonate inside of her chest. It soon became the only sound in the room.

Avi and Kevin moved closer to each other, preparing themselves for the inevitable danger that was to come.

Kirstie's eyes opened, revealing their all-too-familiar yellow glow. But they soon grew darker, being tainted by a wild green. Soon those angered eyes started scanning the two wolves in a primal way, almost as if preparing to attack.

Avi and Kevin exchanged glances before looking back to her.

Avi took a deep breath, "We're in trouble."