Season 1 Episode 10: Football Game

Scott bit his nails anxiously. He had never wanted a football game to be over faster in his life. Kevin was calm enough. He was simply observing Jake's movements carefully.

The more time passed, the more anxious Scott became. Not only did he not know how to handle Jake, he was also concerned about Kirstie and Avi. They hadn't returned yet and it was starting to take its tole on him.

The loud boom of the halftime horn startled the anxious beta. He was jumpy, a trait never common in werewolves.

Kevin was examining even the slightest way Jake twitched. The Ghost Ash was beginning to wear off but he was still acting snake like.

Jake followed the rest of the team off the field as the cheerleaders made their way on. He was still twitching quickly and he was still acting with mild hostility.

Scott's eyes widened when he saw the team head into the locker room.
"What the hell? They don't ever go into the locker rooms during halftime!" He exclaimed, turning to Kevin.
"This is extremely suspicious. Let's move." Kevin spoke, standing up and walking around the field.
--------------

"You monsters think that freeing one of your kind is really going to make a difference?" The female hunter grumbled as her good arm wrapped itself around Kirstie's.

Kirstie had her pinned to the wall by the throat, baring her fangs and glaring at her with glowing yellow eyes.
"Stop babbling and answer me! How many did you kill?" Kirstie snarled.

"Twenty-nine. Eight men, ten women, and eleven children." Mitch answered for her.

Kirstie growled and smashed the hunter against the wall, earning a grunt of pain from her.
"Is this what you think 'protecting the innocent' is? Killing others? You scum make me sick." Kirstie glared, throwing the hunter to the ground with a snarl.

The hunter coughed up a substantial amount of blood and groaned softly, a wicked grin forming on her face.
"You mutts are all the same," Were the last words she said before she blacked out.

Mitch took a shaky breath and balled up his fists as tears started to brim in his eyes.
"Hey, hey. It's alright now." Avi comforted, wrapping his arms around the smaller werewolf. Mitch leaned into Avi's touch as his body rocked with sobs.

Kirstie sighed heavily and turned around completely normal. She still had a hard scowl, but at least she wasn't breaking wrists and kicking people.
"Let's get him out of here." She finally spoke.

Avi gave a curt nod and guided Mitch towards the halls, Kirstie following closely behind. They hoped it was the last time they would ever have to enter these halls.

When they finally managed to get Mitch to climb out, a sob ripped through his throat again as he saw the bleeding female werewolf lying lifeless in the dirt.
"No!" He screamed, his sobs becoming more powerful and heart wrenching.

Avi kept his eyes locked with the ground but Kirstie kept her face as stiff as stone. She knew all too well what he was going through.
"Leave him be. If he needs us, he knows our scent." She said.
"But-"
"Now. If Kevin and Scott have to handle Jake alone, it's likely they could end up dying in the process." Kirstie snapped.

"Why?! You didn't deserve this! It should've been me!" Mitch sobbed loudly.

Avi glanced towards Mitch's shuddering figure, sighing and nodding solemnly.
"You're right. Let's go." He whispered, as if Mitch couldn't hear them clearly.

The duo sprinted away, leaving Mitch to hug the lifeless corpse of the dead werewolf in the pool of her blood. His eyes were glowing a bright blue.
-------