Season 1 Episode 3: The Boy from the Woods

Scott watched his friends in the weight room from the corner. He was still soar from the chewing out his dad gave him.

He heard a loud grunt and a string of swears, wadding his attention over to the bench.

A muscular teen, maybe six feet or so, was struggling to lift a weight that had too much on it. His friends were trying to help, but they couldn't budge it.

He was going to walk over and help until he saw Kirstie approaching them. With one hand, she effortlessly lifted the weight and placed it on the rack.
"Think with your brain, not your dick." She stated, walking away.

The jocks stared at her in awe, all wondering how the hell one small girl could do what five large boys couldn't.

Scott held back a snicker when one of the girls glared at her, earning a blank stare in return.
-------------

"I don't understand. That thing was way to big to just be a teenager." Scott rambled.
"Uh huh, that's great and all, but why are you telling me?" Kirstie raised a brow.

Scott stopped talking and frowned.
"Because what if that guy was like us?" He whispered.
"You wouldn't smelled it if her were, dipshit." Kirstie glared.
"Why are you such a rude person?" Scott frowned.

Kirstie rolled her eyes and took a long sip of her water.
"Because I don't have the time to deal with werewolves that don't understand the real world." She replied, finally.
"Hey. I know enough about it." Scott frowned.

Kirstie glared at him.
"Have you ever watched a hunter dismember an elder werewolf just because she existed? She was eighty-six. She was a grandmother and a valued member of the community. She's never hurt a fly but they didn't care.-"

Scott's eyes widened, scared he'd struck a nerve.

"That's what they do. They kill our kind simply because they're scared of what we can do. Doesn't matter if that person is a child or an elderly woman. They'll kill them." Kirstie finished, tears brimming in her eyes.

Scott felt horrible. He never knew that hunters did stuff like this. He never knew Kirstie had gone through something like this.
"I-I'm so sorry." He whispered.
"Don't worry about it. It got over it in time. Now, I use the image of my grandmother's severed head as a symbol to survive." Kirstie sighed, running a hand through her hair.

Scott opened his mouth to speak, but the sound of a loud 'thwack' gathered he and Kirstie's attention.
"It seems you both didn't learn your lesson from last detention. Would you like another, Ms. Maldonaldo and Mr. Hoying?" The booming voice of the teacher spoke.

Kirstie glared at the teacher while Scott rapidly shook his head.
"No, sir." He quipped.
---------

"I'm gonna snap his neck." She growled, slamming her locker closed.
"We can't do that." Scott scolded.
"Morally? No. Physically? Hell fucking yeah."

The two walked down the hallways, exiting the building alongside the other teenagers.
"So have you thought about my offer?" Scott asked, crossing his fingers behind his back.
"I can smell the anxiety radiating from you which means that this is important. So what exactly does this pack thing require from me?" Kirstie replied.

Scott opened his mouth to speak, but he saw someone that caught his eye.

It was the boy from the woods last night. He had a large bruise on his temple, but he seemed normal overall. As if he didn't see a six foot three teenager with yellow glowing eyes and sharp fangs.

Kirstie followed Scott line of sight and then turned back around, ignoring him.
"He's fine.... I think." She said, peeking a glance at him again.