Season 2 Episode 16: Bonds Thicker than Blood.

Scott rested his head against his locker for a bit to try and gather himself. He barely slept the night before and it was really starting to take a toll on him. He's noticed he hasn't slept a lot at all these past few days. He needed a good night's sleep, for once. He knew he probably wouldn't get it for a while, though.

          When Scott finally lifted his head and went to grab his Calculus book, a piece of paper slipped out. He furrowed his brows, not knowing where it came from. It was too small to be any of his notes, so that was out of the question. He bent down and picked it up, opening it and reading.
'Hoying,
You and your pack of wolves have drawn the last straw that is our patience. I propose we settle this the old fashioned way. Meet us at these coordinates at dusk.'
          And on the back of the note were specific coordinates to a place Scott would have to find later. He tucked the note into his pocket and grabbed his things for class before shutting his locker and leaving.

          Mitch set a cup of warm tea on the coaster in front of Kirstie before placing his own in one. He smiled, "My mother used to make this tea for me when I felt down and in a funk. Maybe it'll help you." He smiled as the sweet, soft scent of the beverage filled his nose. It made him think of his mother. The woman he'd loved most in his life. He missed her, but he knew she was better off where she was. He softly smiled and took a short sip. It made him relax, and almost fall asleep.
           Kirstie has to admit she liked how it smelled. It looked pretty good, and it felt like some a mother would give a sick child. She took a kiss of a sip, letting herself taste it. It was sweet, but not too sweet. It was also smooth, and refreshing. She loved it. She soon found herself mindlessly chugging the tea down. And before she knew what hit her, she felt the warm embrace of something she'd longed for. For her, it was a simple hold from the arms of her mother. Something she'd felt only long ago.

          Mitch saw the effects the tea was having on Kirstie and smiled. He sipped his and felt a similar hole being filled for himself. Only he knew how to handle it. He relaxed into the couch tilted his head, "How do you feel?"

          A single sniffle from Kirstie said it all. She was emotional, and overwhelmed, "What kind of magic tea is this?"
"It's a family secret. But I'll tell you, one day." Mitch smiled. Kirstie blew out a shaky breath as the ache in her chest crawled up her face. And soon, a tear ran down her face, "I feel safe... and that's a feeling I haven't felt in a while. Like, for once in years, I don't have to worry. And, that no matter what happens I'll be okay. And I know that it's completely fucked up, but I feel like for once I can take a breath and not have to worry about it being my last. I just... I feel whole, right now. Ya know?"

          Mitch understood entirely. He gave a slow nod, and wiped the tear that ran down his own face. He set the tea down, "A wise woman once told me that I had all of the love I needed in my heart. And for a while, I believed her. But then, I lost her. And I thought I'd never get someone to draw the love from my heart like she could. But here I am, with you. Someone who, although you're still fairly new to me, I love. So just think about it this way. Regardless of blood, you're becoming family to me."

          Kirstie stared at Mitch for a while, Justine thinking. She slowly set her near finished tea down on the coffee table and sighed, "Mitch... you're like the brother I never got." She felt good, saying that. She knew, that giving Mitch a title of family, she meant every word from the bottom of her heart. She took Mitch's hands in her own and rubbed his knuckles with her thumb, "Promise we'll always be there for each other."

          Mitch nodded almost instantly, "I promise. I give you my word, Kirstin."

—————

          Scott took his dad's car keys from the hook in the hallway and waved for his friends to follow him. He had given them a brief informant on what they were doing, but they were practically going in blind. He counted heads. Mitch, Kevin, Avi, and Kirstie... where was Matt?

          "Hey? Do you guys know where Matt went?" Scott asked, peeking back into the house to make sure Matt wasn't inside. He turned his attention to his pack, getting the unanimous answer.
"No."

          He sighed, chewing his lip. He knew Matt wasn't technically part of his pack, but he still considered him a friend at the very least. He came to the conclusion that it'd be better if Matt didn't come, arrive the situation that casualties occur. It was a grim thought, but a highly plausible one. Lately, his head had been clouded with dark thoughts of those closest to him parrishing and him not being able to stop it. He hated himself for letting such things form in his head, but he couldn't stop them.

          The drive was slow, and it felt like an eternity. The dark interior of the car gave a night-like feeling and the soft blow of the air conditioning did nothing but make them feel like they were in the dead of night. The only thing that broke the darkness was the dim glow of the screen in the headunit of the vehicle, but even that had dark ambience.

          The drove up the mountain road and eventually ventured to a path where they could safely leave the truck. Scott got out and took a deep breath. He could smell the sirens, but he could also smell the faint scent of burning wood. It soothed him, a little. But he didn't know where it was coming from, for he couldn't hear the crackle of a fire anywhere.

          Kirstie lead the group, heading further into the dense woods of the mountain. She marched with a heaviness in every step and a goal in mind. She was a woman on a mission. She was here for revenge, not only for herself. She was on the path for revenge for Mitch. For Scott. For Kevin. For Avi. They all basically risked their lives, and if it weren't for the Sirens they wouldn't even be in this mess. She was here to make them pay for all the time they've lost trying to protect others.

           Soon, they found the sirens. The only two of the four left. Roman and Aura. Neither looked very happy.
"You've shown yourselves. I'm glad. I've wanted to do this for a while." Aura glared.

"You're not doing shit, you bastard. I'm gonna beat your ass." Kirstie returned the glare.
"Even more dumb than I thought." Roman chuckled.

          Mitch set his jaw. He wanted to throttle Roman, and he planned to do just that. He felt himself growling, and his hands tingled as his claws eagerly grew.

          Scott stepped forward, "You messed with innocent people. You've hurt bystanders and people who have done nothing wrong. But worst of all, you hurt my friends. And for that, I'll never forgive you. Roman. Aura. I loathe you."

          Roman gave a dry laugh, clenching his fists, "You're hilarious if you think that your words mean anything to us. You've killed our siblings. Our family is incomplete because of you! If you had simply minded your own damn business, you would've been fine! And you think you can lecture us on our misdeeds? I am going to end you, and let it be known that you were the most cowardly creature I've ever killed! I'll shout if from this mountain once you're dead!"

          Kirstie's eyes flashed green, "We don't intend to speak much today."

          Aura dug her foot in the ground, "Then I suppose we shouldn't be standing around."

          Avi was the first to charge, and his pack followed closely behind, all shouting their mixture of emotions out in harsh cries. Roman and Aura each took deep breaths, and gripped each other's hands. This was a fight to the death. And it was not clear who wanted to win, more.