Season 3 Episode 5: Mystery Woman and the Bracelet

Kaleb stared at his wall, lying on his stomach as it hurt to lie on his back. His eyes drifted to the silver bracelet that sat on his desk. It belonged to his mother, and it was something she had left for him in her wishes. He never really moved it from that spot unless he was cleaning or rearranging, not even to clean it. Part of him felt that if he washed it, he'd wash whatever was left of his mother away. He sighed softly, letting his eyes fall to the floor.
          A draft entered the room, Kaleb shivering as the cool wind ran across the sensitive areas of his back. He looked at where the breeze could have come from, but he didn't have any windows open. He didn't hear the air conditioning. He didn't know where it could've come from.
          "That was me." A voice said. Kaleb whipped his head over, and he locked eyes with a woman dressed in gray. Tall and proud, her ratty hair fell over her pale cheeks as she stood beside Kaleb's desk. Kaleb sat up swiftly, wincing when a dull pain spread through his back.
          "Who are you? How'd you get in my house?" Kaleb asked as he pushed himself up.
          "Wow. Such hostility. I'd assume that people in this time would still carry over courtesy for guests." She said, looking around the room.
          "What the hell..- why are you in my room? You better start talking or I'll call the cops." Kaleb glared.
      "Relax, Kaleb. I'm not here to hurt anyone you care about. Well, not to my knowledge, anyway." She said, stopping in her tracks as she noticed the bracelet

         Kaleb reached into his pocket for his phone, but the moment he pulled it out it as flung from his grip. He gasped, trying to catch it. It was too late. It was across the room in his dirty clothes hamper. He cursed under his breath, "Fuck."
          "Just chill out a bit, okay? I knew your mother." She said, picking up the bracelet.
          Kaleb's head whipped over, "You what?" He was more terrified that his phone just went flying, but his curiosity definitely came from left field when she said that.
          "I gave her this bracelet when she told me she was pregnant... with you." She said, "In retrospect, it should've been something less feminine, but I assumed you were a girl so..." Kaleb pushed himself up and snatched the bracelet away, "Don't touch this! Don't you dare touch this again, you hear me?"
          She snatched the bracelet back, "You can't stop me and I'll tell you why in a second. But for now, I have a proposal for you."

          Kaleb set his jaw, gaze darkening in frustration. Through gritted teeth, he muttered, "What is it?"
          The lady walked slowly around the room, bracelet in hand, "There is something coming. Something very dangerous. I'm here because I am the only one capable of stopping it. However, in my current state I have limited movement and attachment." She turned to him, "I am a Banshee."
          Kaleb's jaw relaxed and he blinked rapidly at her, then shook his head, "You must be on crack." He paced around his room, rubbing his temples, "I must've been hit harder than I thought."

          She leered at him, then sighed. In the next moment, a shrill cry ripped through the room. Kaleb screamed in shock as he was thrown back into his dresser, hitting the floor with a thud. He heard something crack before a low ringing settled in his ears. He panted heavily as he pushed himself up, touching his ear when he felt a liquid of some sort slowly leaking out. When he saw blood on his fingertip, he paled.
          "What... what just happened?" He asked shakily.
          "I hummed." She said pointedly, crossing her arms.
          Kaleb leaned on his wall for support, "Ok, ok. I'll do whatever you want just don't hurt my dad."
          She scoffed, "I told you, I knew your mother. I wouldn't hurt the people she loved." She grabbed the bracelet again, but this time she was whisked away, almost sucked into the jewel that sat on top. Kaleb's eyes widened as he watched it. He approached it, picking it up from where it had fallen after she was sucked in.
          "Put it on." He heard her voice echo in his head. He bit his lip, slipping the silver bracelet onto his shaking wrist. When he did so, she came back into his view. She was leaning against his nightstand, smirking a little.
          "So what exactly is the danger that you're so avid on stopping?" Kaleb asked. The woman bit her lip, pondering whether or not he should tell her. She sighed, then looked him into his eyes. Her held a serious darkness, of which only the truth could stand behind.
          "A beast beyond your comprehension. It's wild and untamable, and it manages to find new hosts at a rate unknown by anyone. If left to it's devices, the world will burn. Trust me, there's not enough water in the universe to put out those flames once they start." She said. Kaleb furrowed his brows, not knowing what to said.
         "Lilith." She added.
          "Huh?" Kaleb tilted his head.
          "My name is Lilith. I... can't tell you much else." She lowered her head a little in shame. Lilith wished could tell Kaleb more, but she felt that it would do lore harm than good. She bit her tongue, standing up straight, "You should handle your school work and get some rest. I'll talk more later tonight." In a swift, white flash, she was gone. Kaleb let out the breath he didn't know he was holding, sinking into himself as his mind raced. He didn't know what to be more afraid of: the ghost in his mom's bracelet or whatever evil Lilith is so afraid of. Kaleb glanced to his backpack, and for the first time in a few months he had the desire to do it and distract himself. Calculus tended to distract most people.