The Jock Is Back

~ Chapter 1 ~

* Warning: Beware, this story contains tons of cringey parts and errors so bear with me until I can actually edit the entire story (Also ignore the 'major editing done' text). Thank you and enjoy the story ;)

" Oxygen. Oxygen." I gasp, struggling to absorb air.

I am being hugged to death by my best friend that I haven't seen through out the summer: Mellissa. Then I greet Abigail who thankfully only gives me a side-hug. A small gesture that felt foreign, but somewhat meaningful.

It's our first day of being seniors. One more year of torture. How fun.

But at least I have these amazing friends by my side at all times.

No, they don't ditch me for some particular reasons. Sure Melissa gets attached to some idiots sometimes and the boys only play around with girls, but friends come first. We made a pact in elementary; " Mates before dates."

Cringy, but a solemn agreement.

Melissa Price has been my friend since elementary, that's why I can trust her with anything. She has a passion for photography and dancing. She also has lots of the boys' attention, but she doesn't give them most of hers. After all, she does have the looks; a beautiful red head, her bright brown eyes, a fit and curvy body, her sense of fashion, and a nice but sassy personality.

Then there's Abigail Roy. Melissa and I's best friend since middle school. She's the introvert of the group who you can find reading or baking. She's gorgeous. She's your typical blond girl, with hazel eyes, a curvy body, and her affectionate personality towards the people she loves, not to mention, she's shy and quiet most of the time.

Then there are the boys; Leo and Taylor.

Then, last but not least there's me; Ava Grey. I'm obsessed with soccer and drawing. I don't know if I've got the looks; I've got light brown hair, a fit body, an adventurous personality, my clothing style is either casual or sporty, and last but not least, my blueish-greyish eyes that I am personally proud of.

I'm zoned out of the conversation that Melissa and Abigail are indulged in because it's about boys which I have no interest in at the moment.

" Oh...my...hell, " Mellissa's typical phrase, then I hear Abigail gasp.

I scrunch my eyebrows upward, confused. " What are you guys looking at?"

It seems as if they've just seen a ghost. I follow their gaze to a group of jocks and my eyes widen because that's most definitely not a ghost, but a devilishly handsome human-being.

I observe this brunette. I am staring at a maybe-future-male-model. Well, he isn't that handsome...I guess.

He's got bright brown hair in messy waves all over the place, with black Ray-Bans on top of his head. The color of his eyes I can't quite make out from a distance, but I can see them twinkle as he laughs out loud at something one of the jocks just said. His straight, white pearl teeth showing. Cliche much?

His clothes I like though; a black hoodie under the school's, white sleeved-cherry letterman jacket, with black ripped jeans and the typical black converse shoes.

" He's back." Mellissa seems ill all of a sudden. I force myself to rip my eyes away from him and take a look at Melissa and Abigail. Their jaws are at their kneecaps. I actually chuckle at the sight of them.